Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have this Jacket? Lands end quilted Sportsman

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-spor...232882_59.html

Is it lined? Or is it just nylon on the indside? Not too worried about how warm it is going to be, just more that it is of decent quality. At $25 it is quite a steal. I missed the Merona one at Target.
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

If this is the same jacket I saw in a store a little while ago, there's no lining, the inside is the same as the outside. It was pretty thin, fit was ok but not great. Not sure I'd wear it in 15F weather like the description suggests...

Comment

I have this jacket and love it. It's perfect for the Bay Area winter and has kept me warm when the temps dip into the low 40s. As trash says, though, it wouldn't be warm enough for below freezing temps. A large fits me really well, although note that I have both a 42 chest and waist. I wear it both around town and in the field (I'm a wildlife biologist) and it's pretty much become my go-to winter jacket. I suspect it'll be too warm once spring arrives (at which point I'll need to find a Harrington jacket or similar) but I'm very satisfied with the performance so far. I actually bought it replace my highly functional but un-stylish Marmot Driclime windshirt (which is a technical garment more for running, hiking, backpacking, etc.) and have found that although it's bulkier than the Marmot it's just as effective at blocking the wind. Being $70 cheaper doesn't hurt, either.

Comment

I have this jacket and it is pretty lightweight which is good for a guy like me who sweats but its definitly not a North East winter jacket (though this NE winter has been mild so it's been getting more use into January than I thought it would) The only probalem I have with the jaacket is the hidden elastic band at the wrists. Thats just a personal preference as it causes friction.

Comment

Thank you all very much for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm in SoCal so, as I said, not really concerned about the level of warmth, it will be plenty for these brutal Los Angeles winters.
          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I got that coat and also the quilted Merona jacket from Target at the same time.

I returned the Lands End. It had no "pop" and seemed kind of dull. Nothing wrong with it. I see that Matt Rickets has the same chest and waist size and it fits him well - consider that if buying it.

If it'd be long enough to wear over a sportcoat I'd have kept it too, but it wasn't (even in medium long for me - 38 chest, 5'10" height). The Target one just seemed more lively.

Either is pretty versatile - adding a little warmth.
            Last edited by JT10000; January 18, 2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X