PSA: Lands End Canvas 608 Slim fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: Lands End Canvas 608 Slim fit

Just for future reference for anyone out there, these fit about how I imagine jeggings fit. They were more or less "TTS" in that the waist buttoned on the pair I could fit over my thighs. For reference, I typically wear Levi's 514s and slim fits in most other brands. Daaaaamn these are skinny. Like the last time I tried to put on a pair of Levi's 511s.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

They are certainly slimmer than any other pair of jeans I own. For a guy like me with skinny legs? The fit is almost spot on.

Comment

I think that the fit is pretty much perfect for me, although I have noticed that fit a little tight around my calves (not uncomfortably, but noticeably). I have the 608 jeans, 608 elston chinos and a few of the 608 cords.

Comment

Yeah, to each their own - 514s feel like JNCO jeans on me (PS - with the the Phablet trend on the rise, does anyone else predict a comeback of these? You read it here first...)
        I own 4 pairs of 511s and a pair of 608s and I love them all except for one pair of the 511s. They might be 510s with the wrong label.... but i still wear them

Comment

I will chime in to say that I've actually found variation in how the 608's fit. I bought these (http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-elst...247129_-1.html) a few months back, and they've become a favorite...slim but not obnoxiously skinny, exactly what I wanted. Based on that experience, I tried these (http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-e...246063_-1.html), which many on here commented about when Joe posted about them recently. I will agree with those comments...they are very skinny, and give that leggings feeling most of us don't want. I was bummed b/c I like the material and color, and I had the expectation they would fit like the other pair. I have a pair of the 608 chinos coming today, so I'll report back how they fit in relation to the other two.

Comment

Can anyone recommend some jeans that:
            - fit similar to 514's in the legs, BUT:
            - have dark stitching (I hate the bright white/gold stitching levis has)
            - prefer button fly
            - don't have a big ugly tag on the back (I cut mine off my 501's)
            - are < $50

Comment

Working...
            X