Levis 514 material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levis 514 material

Last time I was in California I stopped by the Levis outlet in camarillo and discovered the 514 jeans. They fit my body really well (I have large thighs but a relativity small waist).

I was very excited that I found a better pair of jeans so I recently went to my local mall and found the 514 jeans. However they didn't fit the same. I checked the tags and found the ones I purchased earlier were 99% cotton and 1% elastane (ie spandex). everything I found at the mall was 100% cotton and felt way too stiff.

the closest thing i found to my original pair was on the levis site with 98% cotton and 2% spandex.

Is anyone familiar with the jeans im looking for?

Interesting. I just bought two pairs of 514s (gray and brown "twill pants") from Macy's and they're 100% cotton. I ordered 514 "twill pants" off Levis.com in tan and the page claims 100% cotton as well. I'll come back here and post if they don't arrive that way.

Where are you seeing 2% spandex on the Levis site?

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I've had 514s in a 99/1 mix and they were great. They were advertised as having a bit of stretch. Haven't bought a pair of Levi's in close to a year so I'm not sure what they're doing now, but I can definitely understand why you'd look for the 99/1 mix again.

Comment

People are probably tired of me saying this, but Levis and Dockers both vary greatly in their material/quality/contruction, even if the product is from the same model/line/color/size. The 514 jeans are probably made in dozens of factories spanned across dozens of countries. That being said, always try on your Levis/Dockers before buying, if possible.

The best 514s I've seen are 99%cotton 1%spandex, unwashed raw, from Urban Outfitters. I forget where they are made.

Comment

search for 045140159 on the levis site. its the 514 in raw headbanger color.

i might order a pair if i cant find them locally.

Comment

Thanks dchun, I'll have to check those out.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Working...
            X