J. Crew Thinsulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J. Crew Thinsulate

Anyone have experience with J. Crew coats that have Thinsulate? I live in Texas, and I'm curious if it would be too much warmth.

Probably. I wear mine regularly with a sweater in -20 C weather. Go with the non-insulated one.

Comment

In manhattan I wear it as high as 45ish. At the high end it's ok as long as I don't have a sweater on and don't button it up tight.

Comment

Originally posted by JonB View Post
        In manhattan I wear it as high as 45ish. At the high end it's ok as long as I don't have a sweater on and don't button it up tight.
        I just ordered the thinsulate peacoat they had up, more on a whim and as a preparation to move to a colder climate soon. As fortune would have it, AZ been in a cold snap the last week or so and I've had plenty opportunity to use it. Briefly, I love it. It seems to keep me at a good temperature and I don't seem to overheat, even when I'm commuting to work in ~ 20 degree weather. Coldest I'd say I've worn it was in 10 and even that was nice, felt I could probably have ditched the sweater I was wearing underneath. High so far in ~50 degree and that was ok, but didn't wear it buttoned all the way.

Hope that ramble helps.

Comment

Working...
        X