Best affordable dress pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best affordable dress pants?

Where is my best bet to look for affordable dress pants? Trying to slowly upgrade my wardrobe from my older pleated/cuffed pants to some more modern looking dress pants.

Affordable to me is anywhere from $30-$70 or so. I want decent quality, and obviously would prefer the best value possible.

Appreciate it folks.

Lands End sales

Comment

For the colder mnths I am really loving my Stafford wool dress pants. I also have a pair of BR dress pants in navy blue that I am quite fond of.

Comment

Get Banana Republic's Tailored Fit pants on sale. I've found them for as low as $40, and they fit significantly more slim than Lands End's Tailored Fit.

Comment

So far the best bang for buck i have found is from JCrew Factory (on sale, of course). I have been rather unimpressed with most JCrew Factory products, but their dress pants are a good value.
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@ greg, all I see in wool are the thompson @ $114 on sale in navy and charcoal.

Edit: I should point out that IMO only wool=dress pants/slacks

Comment

@Shad0w: At the JCF store, I was able to get the Bedford pants in wool for $45 or 50 during a 30% off sale-prices sale. They fit slim and IMO on par with pants from BR and LE.

Comment

Oh nice, maybe I'll try chinos to see fit and go from there.

Comment

I echo the above comments, but also check out the Bonobos sale section, they have a 30% off sale items code now and have several wool dress pants on sale. Many of them are loud patterns you probably wouldn't want to wear to work, but there are a few plain or simple pattern options. A bit more expensive but it's another option to check out.

Comment

Do you consider chinos under the dress pants category? Also what's your size/fit preference? You might be able to get much better and more direct recommendations that cater to that.

For me, I'm a shorter, skinnier guy who likes more form fitting cuts. I've found that Levi's 511 jeans fit a bit too skinny, and Dockers Alpha Khakis which, while pretty good, could be slightly closer fitting to my preference. So I just got this pair of 484 Essential chinos from J Crew in Navy delivered today and it may be the best fitting pair of pants I have after hemming:
                    http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/p...3368/53368.jsp

I find that it's in between the 511 fit, and slimmer than my Alpha Khakis through the legs by about a half inch or so, which is perfect for me.

Comment

Banana Republic, period. Awesome pants, great material, incredible fit, at least for me

Comment

Originally posted by Mycatdjs View Post
                        Banana Republic, period. Awesome pants, great material, incredible fit, at least for me
                        I second this. All of my dress pants are either BR or Bonobos. Both are excellent, BR is the more affordable (I got them for around $50 a pair during the F&F sale). Great fit, great quality, and at a more than fair price.

Comment

I have some Calvin Klein Body fit ones which are nice and slim for me. I purchased them at a CK outlet. I'm sure they're made in China and the quality is probably so so, but I haven't had them for very long. I'd like to check out the BR Tailored Fit ones, but I've been wrestling with the idea of going "Made in the USA." with new wardrobe items.

Comment

I recently purchased these from JCP and love them. They are a little more slim-fit than the BR Classic Fit's that I'm wearing right now, but a great value. http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/c...30-106883639-2

Comment

Depending on how slim your looking to go, I'd say either BR tailored slim or the JCF Bedford (chinos also come in slim). The BR pants are really nice. My wife bought me a pair for Christmas. They were a size too small so I had to exchange them (in fairness to her she looked at the one pair of pants in my closet that are 33/30, usually I wear 34/30). Even though they are tailored slim the fit TTS. The Bedford from JCF are also nice. They are not quite a slim as the BRs but not baggy by any means. I have 25" thighs though, so you may want to try the slims to get a more trim fit. I have two pairs of the chinos and I think they are a bit dressier than the D2s I have. I think I got the Bedfords for $35 on sale and the BRs for ~$50 the day after Christmas.
                              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
                              X