Size comparison of the Orient Ray and Timex Weekender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size comparison of the Orient Ray and Timex Weekender

Anyone have a side-by-side comparison of the Orient Ray and the Timex Weekender? I'd order the watch off of Amazon to try on at home but the only seller there charges both shipping and re-stocking fees.

I don't own the Mako/Ray, but here's a side-by-side with a Weekender and an Expedition that's the same case diameter as the Ray (41mm).

The Ray will not only be wider than the Weekender, but it will also be thicker and heavier due to the automatic movement.
    Ben

Comment

BenR is absolutely correct. The Mako/Ray is considerably thicker/heavier than the weekender. That being said, I love mine and wear it most everyday. The only improvement they could have made to it is to provide some way to manually wind it rather than just relying on arm movement. But other than that, it's great.

Comment

@Zachary: Not to derail the thread, but what what strap do you have on that Timex? It looked like the Form, Function, Form at first glance, but I can't quite tell. Details? It looks great.
        Last edited by Eric F; January 14, 2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

BenR/ZacharyR, thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to try one on now!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
            @Zachary: Not to derail the thread, but what what strap do you have on that Timex? It looked like the Form, Function, Form at first glance, but I can't quite tell. Details? It looks great.
            I could be wrong, but I think that's the strap available in Michael's craft stores: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...7s+watch+strap
            Ben

Comment

Absolutely right. It's the one from Michael's. $3 FTW.

Comment

Working...
              X