Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Overall Value: 2 "mid" watches + accessory OR 1 "high" watch? Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, I certainly mean no disrespect to anyone. I hope you guys don't see it as such. Just conversing, debating, and generally bullsh*tting with ya.

It's somewhat natural, I think, for a person to get a wee bit defensive when others bash a product he wears. LOL - So I may have come across as a bit of a turd. I like to think that I'm not one. Usually.

At any rate, in summary: In my personal take, I have had nothing but a positive experience wearing my Invicta 8926A. The A changed the Rolex-*inspired* (lol) coin edge bezel to a scalloped, more Omega-ish one... sorta. So see...? It's not a copy any more.

Apparently a lot of people have had issues with theirs; quality, customer service, etc. That surely blows.

And if you don't like homages, then certainly steer clear of them. Or just get one of their butt-ugly *original* designs. (personal opinion again - but it's true)

Comment

Oh, and the OP, Heafcliffe, went with the Orient, BTW. Yesterday. But it was still fun chattin'.

Comment

To all my Dappered brethren, there were some feisty moments, but, all in all, I walked away feeling like . Definitely some "jewels" dropped in here.
        Last edited by Heafcliffe; January 16, 2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Fellas, I just received the Orient Mako XL (which I love) and am anxious to change the band. I just need a springbar tool. Does anyone know of a brick and mortar store where I can pick one up? Would appreciate ya assistance.

FYI: resides in DMV area.

Heaf

Comment

Not sure where you could buy a springbar tool... maybe a local watchmaker would sell you one? But I do know where you can buy a tool that will do the job. Just go to any hardware store and pick up the smallest available flathead precision screwdriver. You want a 1mm flathead. You might also find a set of jeweler's or precision screwdrivers that contains a screwdriver of this size. A screwdriver by itself should be about $4... a set, less than $10.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Not sure where you could buy a springbar tool... maybe a local watchmaker would sell you one? But I do know where you can buy a tool that will do the job. Just go to any hardware store and pick up the smallest available flathead precision screwdriver. You want a 1mm flathead. You might also find a set of jeweler's or precision screwdrivers that contains a screwdriver of this size. A screwdriver by itself should be about $4... a set, less than $10.
              Much appreciated! I went ahead and sized the bracelet myself and I must say that I love this watch! Glad I did away with the hollow end links; watch feels much more substantial. Hitting the hardware store tomorrow.

EDIT: Forgot to add the obligatory wrist shot. May appear to be tight but it is the way i am holding my wrist.

Thanks again, fellas.

Last edited by Heafcliffe; January 18, 2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X