Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sperry Canvas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sperry Canvas

    What do you guys think of these shoes?


    #2
    Look fine to me. What color are the laces?

    Comment


      #3
      I have pair in the blue on order. They are very comfy and I love the no lace look!

      Comment


        #4
        Sperry knows how to make a comfy shoe. These like they would be great for warmer weather.

        Comment


          #5
          I'll third what has already been said, they are extremely comfortable shoes. I've had a blue pair for 2 years now and they are great.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Tommy View Post
            I have pair in the blue on order. They are very comfy and I love the no lace look!
            Are they sold without laces? They are supposed to worn without laces?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by JGL View Post
              Are they sold without laces? They are supposed to worn without laces?
              Not sure about these, but I've seen laceless Vans that have elastic on the inside.
              Ben

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                Not sure about these, but I've seen laceless Vans that have elastic on the inside.
                The Vans still had the eye holes too?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yes, they are sold without the laces and are worn sans laces.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I have some lt.brown Jack Purcells that are in that style (laceless, with a little elastic band inside), and I've always worn them just like that: laceless. Got them from DSW, clearanced, a couple years back. They did not come with laces at all.

                    I just snagged another pair of the same shoe (JP's), in white, from Nordstroms clearance rack, last week. The saleswoman said the laces are in the box. They are, but I don't see myself putting them in. Maybe. We'll see. I just like them as simple slip-on sneaks for the spring/summer.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Also, I *almost* snagged the same Sperry shoes you have posted here, last year from Lord&Taylor's season-ending clear the racks, sale - or whatever. I found that they were running a bit big on me. Maybe not the case with yours, but I definitely would've sized down, had I purchased them. That is a pretty popular move, however, if you'll be wearing them sockless.

                      I *do* have the Sperry loafer style sneaks, ala Vans, etc. They are basically the same shoe as yours there, but instead of laceups, they are slip-ons, with no eyelets. Like this:


                      They are fairly comfortable, with the only problem area being the top of the heel section, as it can rub ya the wrong way early on, until you break them in a bit.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                        I have some lt.brown Jack Purcells that are in that style (laceless, with a little elastic band inside), and I've always worn them just like that: laceless. Got them from DSW, clearanced, a couple years back. They did not come with laces at all.

                        I just snagged another pair of the same shoe (JP's), in white, from Nordstroms clearance rack, last week. The saleswoman said the laces are in the box. They are, but I don't see myself putting them in. Maybe. We'll see. I just like them as simple slip-on sneaks for the spring/summer.
                        Are you not supposed to put the laces on but tie them loose so you can slip them on and off without untying them?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I think they throw in the laces just in case you want to switch back and forth between the laceless and more traditional laced look.
                          Ben

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X