Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everlane

Anybody heard of it? It looks to be new. Here's their tag line:

It's a fact: Your $120 designer shirt sells for eight times what it cost to make. Not at Everlane. Coming soon: Designer-quality at wholesale prices.

I signed up to get in, but there's a waiting list. You can sign up here (and help push me to the front of the line) if you want...

Would be curious if this goes in the direction of Gilt or more of an online Marshalls / Kohls (Overstock.com?). Please post your review once you get in.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Still need 2 more people to sign up so I can get in

Comment

Now you only need 1 more

Let us know how it goes. I can wait another week or so.

Comment

Hi there,

This is Kyle, I work over at Everlane--Good to see everyone so excited about our launch. We promise not to disappoint!

Comment

Hi Kyle / Everlane,

I recognize at least one person on your team has experience with Facebook apps and I can see the marketing/data mining benefits for a business to use FB. However, I would suggest adding an option to sign up using a method other than FB (that's all I see now).

As I'm sure you're aware, FB uses the "Like" button (which seems to be on a majority of sites) to track users browsing habits all over the web. This works even when you are not logged in, using cookies that phone home once you do eventually log in. FB uses this data to fine tune our marketing profile. So even if I don't submit any information to FB directly, it can get populated "for" me by other people/companies/FB's online tracking technology. Of course there are browser extensions and ways to counter this, but I feel that it's a losing battle. In my view it is not FBs, or any other company's business to know *everything* I like to read or buy (consume?).

Short version: Since I would be paying Everlane money like any other online store, I don't see why I should also pay using any additional information than what Everlane needs to process and ship my order.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I would second the request for an email based registration. My primary email is not my facebook email, but I would like to ensure I receive all of the information from Everlane.

Comment

I to would third the request for a sign up using an email or profile account through everlane. I do not associate business with FB anymore due to privacy issues that were not delegated to users properly before launch.

Comment

I didn't sign up because of the Facebook thing. I don't like linking my profile to random sites.

Comment

Agreed, that's a big deterrent for me and likely will make me avoid Everlane all together. I'm not trying to be negative, but another path to registration would be helpful.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I agree about requiring facebook linkage, but worst case you can just create a secondary facebook account, right?

Comment

y go thru making another account for a website? im not that drawn to it sorry.

Comment

I agree with what everyone said. I also wouldn't sign up for a store/website if fb was the only option.

Comment

Could people help me too? http://www.everlane.com/i/jl07ru <-- There's my referral link, thanks. I also helped Jason out.

Comment

litelight. i used your link to sign up.

Comment

Working...
                              X