• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teej
    replied
    j

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
    I really enjoy my Brennans from J&M. They are a bit of a chunkier shape but they wear well. Very comfortable with an extremely soft lining. Prime for wearing sockless in the summer.
    I agree. I've got the Brennan's wingtips and I really like them. Perfect for spring and summer.

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied
    Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
    Just curious, how much are they going for at DSW? (the brocktons, that is)
    I had a $5 off coupon and got them for $55.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    Just curious, how much are they going for at DSW? (the brocktons, that is)

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied
    I just picked up a pair of Bass Brocktons in navy. I haven't worn them yet but they look great and seemed comfortable when I tried them on at DSW.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    I talked an Ebay seller down to $48 shipped for an almost unworn pair of Florsheim Kearnys in taupe (seller said 3x wears, also shoes were kept in original box and trees, which I told the seller to ship w/o, which helped lower the cost from $60). There was a pair of light brown colored Brocktons for $25 + 8 S/H that ended recently and I was debating back and forth but I wanted a lighter color and these were in better shape (the brocktons had some diffuse dark stains on an inside panel).

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    replied
    I've got the Bass Brocktons, good shoes but like the poster above said, check around for a sale to get them for below $50.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    I have a very similar Bass offering, in the taupe/beige color, called the *Boxford*.

I *think* it's a step down in quality from the Brockton, but I'm not totally sure about that. Regardless, they have been serving me well for the past year or so. That being said, I do not wear them very often, so take it with a grain of pepper.

I will add that they aren't the most comfortable suede shoes I have, but then again, that may be due to the low frequency of wearings.

I wanna say I paid $28 (or maybe even $22?) for them, on clearance at a local discounter (Marshalls).

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied
    I really enjoy my Brennans from J&M. They are a bit of a chunkier shape but they wear well. Very comfortable with an extremely soft lining. Prime for wearing sockless in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• sabrown
    replied
    I've got a pair of the Bostonians in a lighter color suede. I would recommend those as well. Very comfortable and light. I've only had them since fall, but they have held up well so far and I've received a number of compliments on them. All in all, a good inexpensive pair of shoes.

Leave a comment:

• AJG Esq
    replied
    I've got the bass stockton (not sure what the difference from the brockton is) in coffee bean seen here: http://www.6pm.com/bass-stockton?zfcTest=mat%3A1

I picked them up for $34.99 shipped when 6pm ran a sale, so if you're not in a hurry I'd wait for a better price. I'm happy with them, and after maybe 30-40 wears they're still holding up great. They do run a little big so if you're between sizes I'd size down, otherwise order your normal size.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    started a topic Affordable Suede Bucks Search: Bass vs. J&M vs. Bostonian

Affordable Suede Bucks Search: Bass vs. J&M vs. Bostonian

I'm looking to buy a pair of suede bucks for the spring. Narrowed it down to the Florsheim Kearny, Bostonian Eastbend, and Bass Brockton. They're all roughly the same price ($60-90). Do y'all have experience w/ any of these three shoes or other suede bucks by these companies?

Eying a pair of Kearny's on Ebay for around 50-60, and a pair of Bass Brocktons for ~40. Both barely used.

The shoes:
    Kearny: http://www.amazon.com/Florsheim-Kear.../dp/B002WPYS9U
    Eastbend: http://www.amazon.com/Bostonian-EAST...369531-4154535
    Brockton: http://www.amazon.com/Bass-BROCKTON-...369531-4154535

If you can think of other affordable suede bucks please let me know!
Working...
X