No announcement yet.

Spring Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I ended up with a pair of Bass Bucks in blue suede. This will be a great Spring and perfect for the Derby.

Comment

The BR shoes look OK. I'd compare them to Nordstrom's 1901 house brand. The Nordstrom versions are extremely comfortable and are usually under $100.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
        So I ended up with a pair of Bass Bucks in blue suede. This will be a great Spring and perfect for the Derby.
        Nice! I finally pulled the trigger on some blue suede's too. These are Johnston&Murphy loafers (almost drivers - with the feel of the sole - minus the heel-cap):

But I also have some tan/sand Bass Boxfords (suede), a somewhat stepped-down version of your Brocktons, bremersm (IIRC from another thread):

I also just recently snagged some BR Gabriel choc.brown penny-style suede drivers, marked down in-store to about $70 or so, with the additional 40% off already discounted good, they came in at $42. Nice! Looking forward to those when it gets nicer out.

Comment

I just scored a nice pair of docksiders off of Gilt that i'm hoping will be my go-to this summer.
          Last year i decided midway through the summer that i wanted a pair but never did find a good enough deal for my budget so i'm starting out early this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by cubist_zirconia View Post
            I just scored a nice pair of docksiders off of Gilt that i'm hoping will be my go-to this summer.
            Last year i decided midway through the summer that i wanted a pair but never did find a good enough deal for my budget so i'm starting out early this time around.
            Nice, cubist! I too snagged a pair of Sperry AO Relaxed topsiders - from Nordstrom's clearance racks the other day - in a mixed grey/tan/black leather, with that red clay colored sole. They're probably not for everyone, but they're just different enough for me. I didn't hurt that they were 1/2 off.

I'll mix them in with my other canvas pair, that I grabbed on clearance at the end of last summer from Lord&Taylor, once the weather gets nicer.

It's all about timing, eh?

Comment

Working...
            X