Spring Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Shoes

The weather is going to be in the 70s this weekend and that got me thinking of Spring. It is too soon for Spring Fever, but never to early for planning a Spring wardrobe.

What are your favorite Spring shoes? Last year I wore my boat shoes any time it was warm enough. This year i would like to try something new.

I wore suede bucks all spring and summer long last year.

Comment

I second suede bucks. Got a pair of tan walk-overs with red laces that I love. Very comfortable and have got nothing but compliments

Comment

I'll third the suede bucks. I really like my grey suede wingtips.
        Ben

Comment

I was leaning towards suede shoes, but was wondering what you guys thought. I think I am leaning either grey or tan or keep it versatile.

Comment

I've got a pair of taupe/beige suede Sebago Salems and I just got a pair of 1901 (Nordstrom) gray suede longwings for Christmas. If I had a first choice, I'd go with taupe suede bucks and then with gray suede.

Comment

I've eyeing one (or both) of these two from Oak Street Bootmakers:

http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footw...k-trail-oxford

http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footw...l-penny-loafer

I also love the Johnston Murphy Brennan Wingtip Oxford that Joe and BenR have.

Comment

I have been eyeing those navy kicks too...let me know if you get them I would love to see a review.

Comment

I have the navy suede Oak Street "trail oxford" and thoroughly enjoy them. They are very well made. The leather is high quality (I find this suede to be nicer than my pair of suede AE's) and there is careful attention to detail in crafting the shoe. I have only had them since last winter and wore them frequently spring through late summer. They look good as new so far.

One thing to note, I do wear loafer socks to go for the sockless look and the blue dye does bleed onto your foot for the first several wears. My loafer socks are black, but I'd imagine they would be blue if they were a lighter color.

Regardless, I feel like they are a nice-looking and pretty unique shoe. I have gotten many compliments and wear them as much as I can. Also, Oak Street seems to have great customer service and they were very easy to work with.
                  "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@greg thanks for the info. I will second the customer service part, I ordered their new trench boots around Christmas and they did an outstanding job working with me on the order and even made a slight change to it just the other day. When they come in I will be looking into the trail's if all goes well.

Comment

Grey or blue suede bucks

Walnut dress boots

Desert Boots

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                        I have the navy suede Oak Street "trail oxford" and thoroughly enjoy them. They are very well made. The leather is high quality (I find this suede to be nicer than my pair of suede AE's) and there is careful attention to detail in crafting the shoe. I have only had them since last winter and wore them frequently spring through late summer. They look good as new so far.
                        Did you size down a half size per their recommendation?

Comment

split, I did size down a half. Almost could have gotten away with a full size down. If your feet are TTS then do 1/2 size, if they are a bit on the small side of a size, I might try a full size down. Oak Street will send you measurements.
                          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

If you can find some Florsheim No String Wings, they are very light and warm weather friendly.

Comment

What do you think about the BR suede shoes they are carrying right now (Owen Oxford). I just placed an order for them in grey with 30% off. Anyone have them yet? Feedback....

Comment

Working...
                              X