No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds Fifth Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a pair back on 12/26, and they kept screwing up the order, so they're making a pair of firsts for me for the price of seconds.

I also have the Fifth Avenues in brown coming in, and the Dalton on order. I think the Dalton makes a better casual boot. The Fifth Street are for dressing up, so I ordered them in black.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the Fifth Street seconds last week. That the Brooks AE sale easier to pass up. The prospect of discounted Strands and McTavishes was very tempting.
      Last pair of shoes for a good long while, I hope.

Comment

I have the Fifth Street in black and brown, and like them quite a bit. The break-in period for both was mercifully only a few days, but it was pretty brutal around the ankles during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by robert12 View Post
          I have the Fifth Street in black and brown, and like them quite a bit. The break-in period for both was mercifully only a few days, but it was pretty brutal around the ankles during that time.
          Wonder if that is typical with their boots. When I first got the Daltons, I was worried that I bought a boot that was brutal to walk in. But after the third wear, it gave way and are one of the most comfortable shoes, boots or otherwise, that I own.

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
            Wonder if that is typical with their boots. When I first got the Daltons, I was worried that I bought a boot that was brutal to walk in. But after the third wear, it gave way and are one of the most comfortable shoes, boots or otherwise, that I own.
            AE Cronmoks may be the exception to the rule... They were immediately comfortable, almost buttery, and are hands down my favorite casual go-to-hell boot.

Comment

Working...
            X