Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JCrew University Coat Slim: Anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in stock!

Originally posted by frost View Post
    The first rule of J.Crew 30% off final sales is that you don't hesitate during J.Crew 30% off final sales.
    I had the same problem...about to purchase the slim thinsulate and small was all sold out but checked again today and the small was back!!!
    I had even talked to live chat rep before and asked if they would be restocked and i was told they wouldn't be. Looks like they found some more stock.

Nonetheless, I have the small thinsulate in charcoal on the way for $90. Hoping it fits me as I tried on a bayswater peacoat in small and seemed to fit pretty nicely. Hope that translates to the university jacket!

Comment

To those that are 42s, did you Ed up going with the Large? I'm 5'9" 190 (42r/34). I can wear a medium slim JCF shirt, but I have to get the large in the ludlow. Any input would be appreciated.
      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

I can chime in on the fit. I'm 5' 9", 145 lbs. I wear a 38S jacket which almost always translates to a S for me. However, the Bayswater Peacoat in S was way too big on me. To my surprise, the XS Bayswater was perfect. I cautiously bought the Slim University Coat in XS hoping it would fit the same. To my surprise, it's actually too big on me! The waist is not slim at all, and the sleeves are just a tad long but not bad. Note that the working sleeve buttons make any big sleeve adjustments hard. I, too, am considering having it taken in in the waist. I'd love to hear how that works for y'all, as well as what your tailor charged.

Interestingly, I saw the same thing with the stock changing. I refreshed the page and noticed that up to a few times per day they added stock back. I'm not sure if it's coming back from being reserved in someone's shopping cart or what. On the third day, the Slim XS in Charcoal came back so I immediately pounced. So even if you're not interested in this coat, keep in mind that even if they don't have your size it might be worth checking back a couple times a day.

Comment

I like the charcoal Thinsulate version, sizes getting scarce. Although I've also bought more than enough coats this year.
          I bought a medium last year and it was huge on me. would most likely need a S or XS. Would like to see it in person, but in all likelihood will be slim pickings in store.

Comment

I was able to return my final sale large. I called customer service, explained the size issue, and she cleared me for return.
            I also was able to compare the size chart btwn slim and regular w Customer service. It seems like a regular medium may work but I worry sleeves may be a tad short...but sleeves in large were a tad long. You can get a tall version but then sleeves are waaaay to long. And working cuff buttons so your hosed. Maybe not meant to be.
            H

Comment

Originally posted by Holden View Post
              I was able to return my final sale large. I called customer service, explained the size issue, and she cleared me for return.
              I also was able to compare the size chart btwn slim and regular w Customer service. It seems like a regular medium may work but I worry sleeves may be a tad short...but sleeves in large were a tad long. You can get a tall version but then sleeves are waaaay to long. And working cuff buttons so your hosed. Maybe not meant to be.
              H

How were you able to return your final sale? Did you just say you got the wrong size and it was as simple as that? I still haven't received mine and am worried it'll be a little too big myself.

Comment

Working...
              X