Replacement Blazer buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Blazer buttons?

Any idea where i can find a nice selection of Blazer buttons? I have 2 classic navy blazers with gold buttons, but personally am not into the ivy league preppy brass - would prefer something more like gunmetal or faux-wood buttons...cant find a nice selection (in 2 different sizes, to accommodate the sleeve buttons as well as the regulars.)

Any ideas?

Jake101, a tailor should be able to swap buttons out for you. Most tailors have a collection of buttons available.

Comment

@bruchetta sounds good, unfortunately my tailor doesn't have, and what she does have is a poor selection, with expensive pricing unless I bring my own

Comment

Give Tender Buttons a call. Just tell 'em what you want and they will certainly have it.
        http://tenderbuttons-nyc.com/
        (Don't get faux-wood.)

Comment

Lol I'll take it under advisement - wasn't going to really

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
            Lol I'll take it under advisement - wasn't going to really
            I've purchased horn buttons from them before. They have a zillion buttons and some matching sets are specifically sized for menswear - a large button for an overcoat, slightly smaller for a jacket, and still smaller for the sleeve, etc. Tell them exactly what you want and they'll know the size.

Comment

Thanks! I've actually read about them on Styleforum. feels like it may run a bit pricy. (for a 17$ find on ebay, not looking to spend TOO much)

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                Thanks! I've actually read about them on Styleforum. feels like it may run a bit pricy. (for a 17$ find on ebay, not looking to spend TOO much)
                The other thing I've done is get another $17 find on eBay and use the buttons! Oxxford horn buttons are really, really nice. A year or so ago I needed to replace some buttons that had cracked so I kopped a hideous greenish gold size 54 Oxxford SC on eBay for about $17, cut off the buttons and had them put on.

Comment

That's a great idea! I actually found a good ebay seller, only issue is, i need 6 main size buttons, as i'm trying to replace buttons for a Double Breasted blazer.
                  http://stores.ebay.com/buttonsandtrim52

Comment

This will inevitably end up much higher, but look for a weird size of something like this (currently $10):
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-OXXF...item53f2b09bde

Comment

Working...
                    X