Summer weight blue blazer for ~$100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer weight blue blazer for ~$100

I'm looking for a lightweight navy blazer for around $100. Does anyone have recommendations in this price bracket? Thanks

By summer weight, do you mean cotton, linen, lightweight wool, or any of the above?

Comment

I would prefer a linen cotton blend, but I think at this price point (and actually I can go a little over $100) I'll be lucky to get that. Second choice is cotton (textured rather than shiny). Third choice is wool, which again I think is out of this price point. I would consider all linen, but I'm not all about the overly wrinkled look TBH.

Comment

doesn't Gap have a navy cotton blazer for around $100?

Comment

Two things don't work for me about the Gap blazer, I'm afraid. First, the stripes. Second, the working cuff buttons, unfortunately I have a slight case of T-Rex arms, and I always have to get sleeves shortened a little bit. Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I am going to have to pony up a bit more for the J Crew Twill at $155, or maybe one of the new Club Monaco blazers(I have no idea about price, but they look very cool on their site).

Comment

Uniqlo +j dips below $100 when on sale.

Comment

you can wait for one of Jos A Banks many sales....also Anderson Little has a pretty good blazer for $159...

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I actually picked up an H&M linen blend blazer for $60 in the end.

Comment

How's the fit on that H&M? I've read they can be pretty slender, but construction is pretty lacking.

Comment

The construction can be hit and miss. I tried on a bunch of different blazers in store. One blazer was coming apart at the sleeve seams, so their QA might be a bit suspect. The cotton blazer that GQ were touting is awful, the fabric is so crappy that the outline of the shoulder pads can be seen.

The one I bought seems to be pretty solid, I checked it thoroughly for defects, and it looks good. The fit is great, nice and slim. I need the sleeves taking up a bit, but that is usually the case for me. I am going to wear it, along with a pair of Bonobos cotton dress pants to a casual wedding in a few weeks.

Comment

I second the Uniqlo suggestion if you have one near you. I'm going back for my second blazer.

Comment

Working...
                      X