Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YackoYak
    replied

For those that don't have one: The LEC blazers have a half liner made from cotton. Because of the narrow arm holes / sleeves, the liner tugs on your shirts whenever you take the blazer on / off and grabs whatever you have on while you wear it. Combined with the heavier cotton shell, I found the fabric to not drape very well. I get wanting to rip out the liner; the jacket doesn't need one and it would be thinner / move better. I know it's supposed to be a casual blazer, but I guess I am used to what I have now. Just my POV for my body type of course, I think I've just been spoiled by some really lucky thrift store finds.

I normally wear a 41/42 jacket. I ordered a 40 and 42 in khaki and navy. They arrived yesterday and and couldn't put on the 40s and the 42s fit really snug, especially with the lining being so "grabby". The sleeves were dead on (35"?) if not a bit too long. Like videorecipes, I should have ordered a 44 (one size larger), which is strange since I wear a Medium in LEC polos. I ended up returning them all today. Too bad, I got them for a song (~$33 ea) they just needed more work than I was willing to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

In that case, I would probably take it to a tailor or a seamstress if I were you. They can probably remove it and sew back any open hems for a few dollars, or at least tell you if they think it's the sort of thing you could do on your own.

Leave a comment:

• sal_orlando
    replied

@videorecipes: thanks for the detailed response. Yeah I was kind of wondering about the cuff area. Seems like there must be a way to do it where it wouldn't be a disaster, maybe by stitching the end together or something. Not sure if I'm up for that though.

@BenR the liner is a bit too thick and pulls on shirts too much when putting the jacket on, and just overall would feel a bit more comfortable without it there. It's only a half liner so I don't think removing it would really be so drastic if done properly.

Regardless, I like this blazer so much I ordered the Khaki one as well.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

What about the sleeve liner don't you like? It seems like a pretty drastic measure to chop the whole thing out just because you "don't care for it." Unless you have experience with garment-making or sewing I would assume it will go badly....

Leave a comment:

• videorecipes
    replied

i tried removing the liner in that exact model jacket from lec. it was a horrible mess. the sleeve liner is connected to the chino shell at three points: (1) at the shoulder seam; (2) a single point along the seam near the upper forearm; and (3) the cuff. cutting the sleeve liner from the shoulder seam and the upper forearm stitch was a simple affair and worked quite well. the problems came when i got to the cuff. the cuff is formed by a simple folding over of the chino shell material. it stays folded and in place because of the sleeve liner that is sewn to the folded over edge. if you cut out the liner from the cuff of the jacket as i did, the cuff will unfold and the frayed edge of the chino shell will turn inside-out every time you put your arm through the sleeve. in the end, it was unwearable. i reordered the lec chino jacket in one size larger and found it to be much better.

Leave a comment:

• sal_orlando
    started a topic Removing a jacket liner

Removing a jacket liner

Received the LEC chino blazer in navy today and it fits well. Don't really care for the inner lining on the sleeves though.

It has what I think is called a 'half-liner' which only covers the sleeves and upper back.

Does anyone have any experience with trying to remove something like this? Is it as simple as just cutting it with scissors?

Working...
X