No announcement yet.

Which shoulder bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel you oni. FWIW I did not buy my bag for work - more a casual carry my crap with me to law school. Will be buying a leather bag for the firm later this year

Comment

Originally posted by Margotron View Post
      I feel you oni. FWIW I did not buy my bag for work - more a casual carry my crap with me to law school. Will be buying a leather bag for the firm later this year
      Sounds like a plan. I'm going to do the same thing. Grab a Filson or Frost River for good quality casual carry and then later on get something in leather for work. I just wish I could find some better real pictures. The pictures on Frost River's site are terrible and the ones on Filson are just basic. I want to see pictures of stuff in it, someone carrying it, etc.

Also I stumbled on these guys on etsy and styleforum. One or two users purchased a brief from them and gave them the thumbs up. Obviously they can't speak to longevitiy yet. They sure do look nice though and more professional than Saddleback. A plus that they are actually made in the USA if that matters to you.

http://www.jpmarcellino.com/
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/JosephPMarcellinoNY
      Last edited by onikage; January 10, 2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Margotron, did you ever receive your bag from Frost River? I'm anxious to see some live shots.

Comment

Anyone else horrified by their suggested attire?

Nice bag, but gosh those jean patches.

Comment

Cannon,

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
              Cannon,

Well now, I may need a pair of those heart-patched jeans to attend their concert. Best in Show, for sure.

Comment

Bag is amazing and also normal sized. Definitely not large as the picture suggests. Here's a quick (read: lazy) shot. Any requests?

Comment

It looks like a small girl is carrying the bag in their product pic. Just sayin'.
                  Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

I have the flight bag and use it as an oversized work bag. One of my favorite purchases ever and supremely versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by Margotron View Post
                      Bag is amazing and also normal sized. Definitely not large as the picture suggests. Here's a quick (read: lazy) shot. Any requests?

Hmm how about you recreate their product picture? Find jeans with heart shaped patches. haha j/k. It does look like a little girl is carrying it in those pictures though. How about just a picture of you carrying it?

Is this new?

https://www.frostriver.com/shop/vintage-messenger-bag/

I think I'm going to grab the small one. I checked out the Filson 256 today at a nearby store and the 16" Width combined with the 12.5" height made me feel stupid. I'm only 5'4" and 140 lbs.

Comment

Well no more pics for the minute. My bag got stolen this weekend in SF. And yeah, that vintage messenger does look new...though I think I still prefer the original, the vintage is too busy for me (also dont like how low the straps hang). Now im considering the filson brief...just because haha

Comment

Working...
                        X