Levi's Jeans Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levi's Jeans Cuts

I was just wondering if anyone knows the actual sizing difference between the various Levi's cuts. I recently bought a pair of 505's, but just tried on a pair of 514s on a whim. As a guy with huge thighs I never thought they would fit, but they actually feel pretty good. I just thought it would be good to lay down the differences between all their cuts.

This may help some:

http://www.gandlclothing.com/uploaded/images/fitugidde.jpg

I also have larger thighs - 24.5" around when standing, 41" hips, 36" waist. I wear 559's in 34 x 32. Last time I tried 501's and 505's they felt too tight around the thigh. I wouldn't mind slimming up (the jeans); I just need to go to an outlet and spend some time trying it all on again.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I wear a 34 in most jeans including 505s but in the 514 I had to size up to 36. Would have tried 35 if that was an option, but they seem to fit pretty well. Haven't tried the 511s.

Comment

I'm like you big thighs I love Straight Slims. I find as the slimmer you go you may have to jump back a size. Slim Straight -1 Slim -2 Skinny - 3 and so forth and opposite for relaxed fits.

Comment

I was asking more about the cut in general. According to the Levi's website:

Slim Fit

Sits below waist, 9 3/4" rise

Straight, 17" leg opening

Straight Fit

Sits below waist, 11" rise

Straight, 16 1/2" leg opening

Original Fit

Sits below waist, 11 1/4" rise

Straight, 17" leg opening

So, the 505s actually have the slimmest leg, and the 514s have the highest rise.

Comment

I made a comparison chart with dimensions in case anyone is curious:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6858587...7627882220782/

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Working...
            X