Favorite beanie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite beanie?

Ok, this is firmly in the optional category obviously. I rarely, if ever, wear a beanie "out" or as part of an outfit. But there are weekends I roll out of bed to run some errands before I shower/wake-up essentially, and in these situations I love having a beanie to throw on.

Last week I lost my *favorite* beanie. My friend had knit it in college, and it was a chunky wool thing with a horizontal navy/white pattern (kind of nautical I guess). Anyway, looking to replace that, which is going to be a tall order. Here are some thoughts I had:

My favourite toque is actually a fleece 'Peruvian' style (earflaps) and no goofy tassle. Warm as you can get. I wear a plain knit navy toque right now, though I tend to avoid the 'fold' of knit toques as they look silly on my tiny head. My wife has cabled toques, so that's a no-go for me.

I really like the look of boiled wool:

Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas.

Comment

Not sure if it's a "beanie" or not, but one of my favorite winter hats is a merino wool watch cap I got from Sierra Trading Post last year. Warm and simple. Unfortunately STP seems to be out of stock at the moment.

My other "beanie" is a Dale of Norway weatherproof hat my dad got me for Christmas years ago. It's the warmest hat I own by far - it's got a knit wool exterior and a windproof fleece interior. Mine is a different color than this, but the same design.

Ben

Comment

Working...
      X