JCF quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCF quality

Ok, so I know this forum is full of praise for jcrew factory but the shirt I got about a 2 months ago is literally falling apart at the seems. Ive had great experiences with normal jcrew in the past but the stitching at seems by the cuffs of this shirt is just falling apart. anyone else ever experience this?

I've not had that problem personally. If it were me, I'd see if they'll replace it. From their site:

"We guarantee our merchandise to be free of manufacturing defects and will accept any defective item for refund or exchange."

Comment

The merino v-necks I bought are pilling with minimal wear. It is worth mentioning that I did size down for a trimmer fit and it could be putting more friction on the sweater (the under-arm area in particular is pilling like crazy).

Comment

^ what redbeardedmike said. I bought a black v-neck merino sweater this black friday, and although it's only been less than 2 weeks of occasional wear, it has developed noticeable pilling. I was wondering is that normal or?

Comment

I've noticed the fabric on the shirts to be somewhat thinner (and easier to wrinkle), directly comparing a JC "secret wash" with a JCF "washed shirt." But I have not noticed any problems with the stitching etc. falling apart.

Comment

there's a difference in quality for sure. I personally like the JCF washed since there seems to be a smaller difference than say with the dress shirts, which are somewhat crispy. THat said, if you're willing to pony up the difference, the thomas mason ones are considerably better.

Comment

I bought a JCF thermal around last Christmas, and it developed (not sure exactly when) discoloration and two small holes, one where the tag is sewn in, and one on the front. Maybe not that big a deal for a thermal, but, by way of comparison, the Old Navy thermal I got right around the same time has held up almost perfectly.

Comment

Working...
              X