X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LL Bean Signature Tweed Blazer

Today on dappered Joe brought up this LL Bean signature blazer
    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65097...l-tweed-blazer

it's got some interesting pocket designs and 3 buttons. what do people think of these small bells and whistles on a blazer? are they overly done or just the right touch to an otherwise boring tweed jacket? should tweed blazers have some flair or stay close to a conventional suit jacket's minimalist approach (like the JCP one)? would like to hear your opinions. thanks.

a similar one is the GAP admiral.
    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...2l3AGhrm2fJRIg

personally im not fond of the pockets on that llbean blazer. seems limiting to me.
    My cocktail videos >

Comment

I think tweed blazers have a tendency to look more like outerwear, and that's ok with me, since that is how I wear them.

Comment

Aren't they outerwear? Thought that's why they're made of heavy cloth.

I love patch pockets and might have picked one up a while ago but I rule out any LLBS jacket on account of the reviews consistently mentioning very long sleeves. The 'flipped up' jacket sleeve look is not something I would do.

Comment

so a wool blazer is outerwear, but do you all prefer a plain looking wool blazer or the ll bean type? can anyone suggest a similarly designed product as a lower price tag? thanks.

Comment

I like both styles. Since I wear a blazer just for kicks (not required, in other words), the more casual style suits me. And if it is cold enough for tweed, one that looks more like a coat is fine. Or, this time of year, I should say warm enough for tweed, since on the colder days I wear a sweater and a heavy wool coat.

BR has a few tweed jackets, I have the "Taupe Tweed". With 40% off (BRJOY40?), it's less. It's also a bit more traditional than the LL Bean, but still has a few details, like the pockets, that make it a bit more casual. I'm pretty happy with it.

Comment

I own the LL Bean Signature blazer. Bought it several years ago and absolutely love it. It's nice and warm which is great here in Vermont where the high was only 25F today. It is definitely casual, which is fine, as that is exactly the way I wear it. It has a nice rugged quality. Sleeves may run slightly long, but unless you have shorter arms I wouldn't be too concerned.

Comment

thanks for commenting on it. but i suppose its warmth is nowhere near enough for 25F weather is it?

Originally posted by todd View Post
                I own the LL Bean Signature blazer. Bought it several years ago and absolutely love it. It's nice and warm which is great here in Vermont where the high was only 25F today. It is definitely casual, which is fine, as that is exactly the way I wear it. It has a nice rugged quality. Sleeves may run slightly long, but unless you have shorter arms I wouldn't be too concerned.

Comment

Working...
                X