Basics - Where to Find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basics - Where to Find!

Searched for a similar thread to no avail. I'm looking for where you guys get your BASICS - VNecks, Henleys, Thermals.

I've always neglected the basics and focused on flashier items ie shoes, outerwear, accessories. I'm starting to realize the importance of basics and how they truly make a difference in your outfit..but don't want to shell out $50 for a single Henley.

Where do you guys find form-fitting, inexpensive basics? THANKS!

Justin: I've got a 10 inch drop from chest to waist and find target a good place to build up on basics

Comment

I also buy a lot of that stuff at Target.

Comment

I love target so much I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant

Comment

Uniqlo

Comment

I'll fourth Target. The price is hard to beat, the fits are mostly modern, and the durability of their products is pretty underrated IMO.

I'm sitting in my freezing-cold bedroom, wearing my Target "pajamas" as I type... a pair of sweatpants I've had for 5-6 years and a zip hoodie I've had for 3-4. I think Target gets a bad rap for "quality" because "quality" is often defined solely by an initial perception of things like fabric thickness. But I've never had any trouble from any of my Target clothes.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by mr. mr. View Post
              I love target so much I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant
              That just made my day!

Comment

I personally carry a mix of cheap and quality basics. On the cheap side, Old Navy, Target, Gap, Hanes, Uniqlo are very affordable, but I realize this stuff will not hold its shape in the long run. I wouldnt spend more than $10 on an item from these types of stores. Some quality basics I have that have lasted are Polo, Alternative Apparel and I recently started buying stuff from American Giant. Their stuff is great, thick 100% cotton and made in the USA. I highly recommend them even though the price tag may be much higher than you would like to spend. But they look great, feel great (the 100% cotton part) and will last me a long time.

Comment

Jcrew sales are great for henley's etc.

Comment

I have basics from a mix of stores. John Lewis, J. Crew Factory, Target, and Uniqlo are all good options. I tend to stick with Uniqlo and John Lewis these days because they seem to provide the most value.

Comment

Thanks for the tips everyone! Managed to check out Target today and was pleasantly surprised to find Thermal Henleys and Regular necks on sale for $12 and cardigans for $15! Pretty decent quality and fit too

Comment

Working...
                      X