Help me spend $130 at Clarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me spend $130 at Clarks

After 2.5 months of wearing and failing to get comfortable in my Clark's desert boots (see my other thread), I decided to return them to the Clarks store to see if I could get a refund. They weren't able to refund my credit card but were able to give me a gift card in the amount of the full purchase price ($130.19 - yes, I was a sucker and paid full retail). So now I'm stuck with buying a replacement pair of shoes from their rather slim pickings (most of their stuff is f'ugly!). Does anyone have any recommendations for a Clarks shoe that's stylish like the desert boot but comfortable enough to walk around the streets all day in? So far I've identified the following candidates: the Burns Hot, the Jink (similar to desert boot but lower), or the Burns Easy. Can anyone comment on the quality and comfort of these? Ideally I'd like this pair to be one of my dependable everyday shoes that would complement my Cole Haan "Paul" chukkas at work and that I could also wear around town on weekends while taking the kids to the park, shopping, etc. (hence my desire for them to be comfortable). I'm just bummed that I can't put this $130 towards another pair of higher quality and more comfortable desert boots, some nice suede bucks, or a pair of mocs.

Clarks stores also carry Bostonian brand shoes. The Bostonian Eastbend suede bucks are a good choice for comfy, everyday, going around shoes, from what I've heard.

Comment

their bostonians dress/casual shoes are good, just make sure to try it on in the store. I think the only time having wide feet is good is with DBs. I can actually buy them in my real size lol.

Comment

I ended up getting these: http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product...n_chance/63214. Nothing to get excited about but I think they'll be a decent pair of beater shoes. Not as fancy as suede bucks but more of a rugged derby shoe that fits in well with my casual workplace. I'd even venture to say that with jeans covering up the top they look pretty similar to desert boots in terms of the overall aesthetic.

Comment

Working...
        X