Best Slim solid oxford under 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Slim solid oxford under 50

I have tried the JCP and the sleeves can barely roll past where I typically wear a watch. I actually had to unbutton just to get my hands through. I seem to fit Jcrew's washed slim in S well enough, but my local store does not have the slim oxfords. At around 70, this a bit more than I want to spend. Any other options?

Seriously considering getting my LEC slim fit oxfords (which are very billowy, especially in the waist/back) tailored. They cost me $10-12 and tailoring runs me another $12/per. If you can get shirts done for that much, you'll be out about $25 per, which is about on par with the JCP shirts but may fit you better.

Comment

Have you tried Lands End and Lands End Canvas? They're always on sale and the worst case scenario is that you have to take them back.

Comment

Gap Modern Oxford is decent considering the frequent sales. I feel like I've seen better, but as of right now it is my go-to casual button-up shirt. It is one of the better-reviewed items on the site.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...&pid=289760002

Online sizes seem to be a bit wiped out, but I didn't have much trouble in stores recently.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
          Have you tried Lands End and Lands End Canvas? They're always on sale and the worst case scenario is that you have to take them back.
          Originally posted by Cannon View Post
          Gap Modern Oxford is decent considering the frequent sales. I feel like I've seen better, but as of right now it is my go-to casual button-up shirt. It is one of the better-reviewed items on the site.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...&pid=289760002

Online sizes seem to be a bit wiped out, but I didn't have much trouble in stores recently.
          thanks guys, I'll give these a shot the next time I'm at the mall

Comment

I have had great like with CT. Might be worth a shot.

Comment

I really wanted to like those JCP oxfords, but when I tried them on, I had the same issue with rolling the sleeves (I tend to do the roll that Joe featured on dappered). They were just way too tight in the forearms. I like the GAP modern oxfords as well, and I have a couple from Bonobos that I will get on sale... although the sleeves seem a tad short. I'm not over the moon on the Bonobos shirts.

Comment

sign me up, although I am super skinny and short for american standards (5'9). Only things that fit me well are H&M and Uniqlo S, but I would like to know brands with better quality under $50 as well.

Comment

Love the Custom fit RL oxfords. The fit is great and the fabric is awesome IMO. You can usual pick them up at the outlet for under $50 or less with the occasional 20% coupon...

Comment

Also just bought the LE tailor fit club collar Supima Non-iron oxford. Got it for $20. Fit isnt great, needs to be taken in at the sides a bit but the collar feels really sturdy and I love the style.

Comment

OH, yes. The RL Custom Fit is THE BEST. I grabbed one from Marshall's a while back in white, and it's perfect. They're hard to find though.

Comment

Everlane - Slightly above your price but nice shirts.
                        https://www.everlane.com/collections...rd-buttondowns

Here's a review:
                        http://putthison.com/search/everlane

If you are not a member, here's my referral code:
                        https://www.everlane.com/n/ydk4ax

Comment

I'm a fan of both the LEC and Uniqlo oxfords. I recognize that they may not be the finest quality available, but for my needs they work great.

Comment

An option that surprised me was Old Navy. They had "slim fit," solid color oxfords a few months back. Got mine for like $20.
                            Because ON is cut for a larger frame, sizing down a full size in the slim line somehow works great for me.

And yeah, LEC is a good option too, though they'll be baggy if you have a big drop between chest and waist.

Comment

For a casual oxford, I like Lands End Canvas's Heritage Oxford. I have it in white and light red. Really substantial and soft fabric. They're overpriced at $50, so wait for a sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X