Land's End Turtle Neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land's End Turtle Neck?

At Land's End their solid Turtle necks have gone on sell. Only 20 bucks. Probably because f Steve Jobs just dyeing but they aren't advertising it like that. Anyways has anyone had any experience with this Turtle Neck? I haven't even bought from the brand so I don't want to get burned. Also if I should get it what color?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SolidTurt...FP-_-data_feed

Lands' End is a good brand. However, their fit--especially for shirts--leans pretty conservative. I have a medium button-up from them that fits much looser than size large shirts in other brands. The quality should be there; it'll just be bulky.

I'd get a dark color, since it's a fall/winter piece, you might go dark. Here're some of the colors which caught my eye: dark burgundy, twilight purple, oatmeal heather (I actually love this one), true navy, and rich red. All darkish except the red and the oatmeal, but red looks good on me and I love cream-colored sweaters. :P

Comment

I just can't get into turtlenecks. I know they're popular again this fall, but they look too 70's to me.

Comment

yeah, I'm not on the turtleneck bandwagon either.

“Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down.” - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Though I love Steve Jobs and his St. Croix turtlenecks, but I can't get into them either. Just an older and uncomfortable look to me...

Comment

There's nothing wrong with turtlenecks, though I don't like to wear them personally. But I think those Land's End ones are a little dated-looking. If you want to wear a turtleneck, I think it will look more modern if you get one that has a heavier weight and texture, like cable-knit.

BTW, pretty sure Steve Jobs wore a mockneck, not a turtleneck. In any case, I don't think the sale on the turtlenecks is related to his death.

Ben

Comment

Hmmm... I need a turtle neck for my halloween costume. Might just have to get one of these.

Comment

@BenR yeah, that's true. Steve Jobs wears the St. Croix mock.

Comment

I like mock turtlenecks, but $175 for the St. Croix is out of my price range.

Sales of their shirts are through the roof right now.

Comment

The key to turtlenecks is to not wear them alone. Wear a contrasting blazer or cardigan and it'l pull the outfit together.

Comment

Working...
                    X