How to Wear a Leather Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Wear a Leather Jacket

So I bought a leather jacket and I'm not sure what to wear it with. Stylistically, I usually am dressed business casual. Any suggestions on what to wear with it? Keep in mind, it's not a very thick genuine leather jacket Thanks!

Post a picture of the jacket so we can see what you mean. By jacket do you mean blazer, bomber, or motorcycle? What color? How is the fit?

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I agree with YackoYak... it's hard to give advice without knowing the particular style of the jacket.

Ben

Comment

Agreed. Post a pic or at least give us a description of the type. The more adornments it has, the more you may be limited.

I picked up a bomber style leather jacket a few months ago and I love wearing it with a shirt and tie up top and denim or chinos on the bottom. You can dress it down with a henley or a plain white crew neck T. They're pretty versatile, IMO.

Comment

I got the Stratham Leather Bomber in black from Timberland during the 40% off sale and am very happy with it. I originally ordered a Large but it was a bit too tight. Fortunately I was able to exchange it at a Timberland store for an XL. The clerk actually did two double takes when he saw the price haha.

I think it pretty much goes with everything. I don't mind my untucked shirts poking out a bit in the front and back but some may not like that look I guess.

Comment

Leather Bomber with purple Express mk2 shirt and tobacco 501 Levi STFs. Shoes are black leather Clarks Portland Oxfords.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2bebd0.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X