Dragon Inside Tux has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Inside Tux has arrived!

So it showed up in a full size box, not folded which was cool! One thing I will point out right now is, I ordered this with a LARGER shoulder width compare to my black lapel that had slight indents. That whole "It's too big" crap that's been spread around needs to get stopped immediately, if I listed to that I would be pissed. My shoulder bone ends at about 18.25, my deltoid extends past that by a lot about .25" on each side at least.

I forgot to say NO belt loops so that's my fault. if anyone caught them

It's much darker than their website pictures, the navy is every so slightly darker than my black lapel. Here's the colours with a flash, their website makes them appear much lighter, so the grey looks to be more medium grey etc.

Ok well lets let the pictures tell the story. Oh yes you also get a proper suit and pant hanger with a pant "lock", it is plastic but I just wasted $40 today ordering wood ones for them hah.

I like my red lining

Overall it seems to be quite a great fit, I have no issues wearing it out at all, and I'm going to add a black suit ontop of my current order I think, should have a grey, charcoal, 2 sport coats etc coming in here. Maybe some more vest now that I saw the new fabrics too.

Comment

And fabrics without the crazy flash!

Comment

Sounds like you're confident with the sizing for MTM now. Looks really nice. What are you gonna do for a shirt? Bowtie?

Edit: oh hell yeah shoulders look perfect.

Comment

I have a wing collar on he way, the one I had on is a bib with the weave(not ironed), just waiting on bowtie to show up now...getting close to deadline thought so I'm just hoping. Think I will go with bib & normal collar with bowtie, it's a work function so a little tone down will be ok

Comment

Awesome tux. The shawl collar is exactly how I like it.

Comment

Should add in that it definitely has more structure feeling to it as well with the full canvassing. I will be able to tell better after wearing it quite a few times this month

Comment

Thats one of the best online MTM out of the box fits I have ever seen. Its only 264 bucks to get one of those. Looks like I may be asking for one of these for christmas Is the blue the default tux option, or do you have to contact them and ask for it specifically?

Comment

Online MTM makes me nervous, but that looks really great. The pants are midnight blue, too?

Comment

@focus
                    I emailed and asked them to change it to navy, its not the midnight blue IC has.... BUT they now have a midnight blue sharkskin(not on website yet but I already ordered a vest made of it) that is somewhat similar to the tux material daniel craig wore to the Skyfall premier. It has a kind of diamond weave to it and a more vibrant blue under light. Im half tempted to try a peak in that next year.

@alan yup Pants are navy with black satin stripe down side. Surprisingly thats not midnight blue

the top fabric sample pic, on the silver board is the sharkskin midnight blue at top of the 3 fabrics and indigo herringbone is bottom. I can do close up if needed
                    Last edited by shad0w4life; December 5, 2012, 01:26 AM.

Comment

I do have my measurements nailed down quite well now and DI did everything exactly like I specified so credit to them for accuracy.

I believe the Tux was made in Bulgaria as it shipped from Sofia.

Oh and just a couple other minor details.

Pant lining matches jacket lining

The material tag has "custom tailored for xxxxx xxxxx" on it

You can get a proper buttonierre flower latch as well i just saw

And the hanger is a proper one with flared shoulders.

I ordered a black suit as well now

Comment

Shadow would you mind posting a closeup on the sharkskin fabric? I would really appreciate it!

Comment

Wow, you look... Wow. I have nothing more constructive to add but that tux looks amazing. That's definitely going to be at the top of my list whenever I buy one.

Comment

GOOD Lord, that baby is NICE shadow4life...
                            "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                            I>0<I

Comment

i agree with the consensus. tux looks great. now i just need a reason for a tux. how would you compare the quality to indochino and others? i know sabir seemed to think that they were pretty comparable in quality not as much in options.
                              My cocktail videos >

Comment

Working...
                              X