Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with the fit on the JCrew British Millerain Waxed Cotton Field Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone familiar with the fit on the JCrew British Millerain Waxed Cotton Field Jacket

Really interested in picking this coat up. Does anyone own it, or know how it fits? I'm 5'11'', 180-185 lbs. I'm unsure if a medium is going to be too billowy. Thanks, in advance.

I'm 6'3 and around 190 lbs. The Medium Tall is a pretty perfect fit. Fits relatively close to the body but not all together tight/snug, which is what I'm looking for out of a semi-casual jacket like this. I imagine a Medium (without the tall as you're 5'11) would be pretty solid.

Comment

Thanks for that perspective, Ounce.

Comment

The Millerain jacket fits more on the slim side than some of J.Crew's stuff. I'm 5'9" and 145 lbs, and the S fits me fine, whereas a XS fit me better in a different J.Crew waxed jacket (hooded winslow jacket).

If you normally wear slim mediums, a medium should probably work for you here.
        Ben

Comment

Thanks, Lesser.

Do you guys know if they possibly changed the fit of this coat? I had someone else tell me this coat from a few years back fit on the large side.

Comment

Anyone know where to actually pick up a size small? There is only an XL on J.Crew's site. I've been searching for hours online with no success.

Comment

Originally posted by onoudidntgf View Post
              Anyone know where to actually pick up a size small? There is only an XL on J.Crew's site. I've been searching for hours online with no success.
              Call or chat with J.Crew's customer service. If they can find your size in a brick and mortar store, I think they can either ship it to a store near you, or ship it to you directly. I think you may have to actually commit to the purchase, though. (You can always return it in-store later.)
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                Call or chat with J.Crew's customer service. If they can find your size in a brick and mortar store, I think they can either ship it to a store near you, or ship it to you directly. I think you may have to actually commit to the purchase, though. (You can always return it in-store later.)
                I actually just got a small for Christmas and it is too big. Weird since I wear a medium in all my other clothes. Looks like I'm on the hunt now for an XS.

Comment

I'm 6'2" 220ish and I wish I had it in an L instead of the XL I bought.

Comment

I actually just got a small for Christmas and it is too big. Weird since I wear a medium in all my other clothes. Looks like I'm on the hunt now for an XS.
                    Do you still have the S? Could you post some measurements on the Small. Did you ever find your XS jacket from jcrew?

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                      Do you still have the S? Could you post some measurements on the Small. Did you ever find your XS jacket from jcrew?
                      I did find the XS but realized after that it's not my style. It's still sitting in my closet actually.

Comment

I did find the XS but realized after that it's not my style. It's still sitting in my closet actually.
                        How much did you paid for it? What color is it? Do you want to trade for abrand new 36S ludow navy blue wool jacket, it's not on their site anymore, i can send you the picture of the ludlow. It's too warm for me, since I live in southern CA. Or this university coat XS in charcoal (https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...true&hash=row0) for your Millerain Waxed Cotton field jacket. Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                          How much did you paid for it? What color is it? Do you want to trade for abrand new 36S ludow navy blue wool jacket, it's not on their site anymore, i can send you the picture of the ludlow. It's too warm for me, since I live in southern CA. Or this university coat XS in charcoal (https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...true&hash=row0) for your Millerain Waxed Cotton field jacket. Please let me know.
                          I'll sell it, I won't trade. Navy. I don't remember what I paid.

Comment

I'll sell it, I won't trade. Navy. I don't remember what I paid.
                            $80 shipped?

Comment

I bought last year's model and the Medium ran a bit large.

Comment

Working...
                              X