Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seiko watches, what do you guys think about these two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seiko watches, what do you guys think about these two?

Found these deals on slickdeals. Was wondering if any of you guys have experience with these two watches? Are the discounted price a steal? And more importantly, are they worth getting? Let me hear your two cents!

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/8477...ck-dial-sndc33

the watches on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNDC33-C...pd_sim_watch_2
    http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNDC31-C.../dp/B004JY0KP8

Let me know what you think!

They've nice watches. Very versatile style. I believe they've been mentioned on the main Dappered site before.

Incidentally, I happen to be selling my like-new black dial version in the sales forum for $89 shipped ($16 cheaper than this deal)... Check it out if you're interested.

FWIW, I picked the black one because the hands are much more legible against the black dial than against the cream dial.
    Ben

Comment

If you like Chronos they look nice. Chronographs tend to be a little busy for my tastes though.

Comment

Both watches are fine, and Seiko have a pretty solid record in terms of build quality and accuracy. However, I think this Citizen might be right up your alley. It's not a chronograph but for just $20 more than the black Seiko you're getting similar, slightly cleaner looks with an Eco-Drive movement (solar power, never needs a battery). Personally, I swear by Citizen's Eco-Drive tech. In terms of the dial colour, think of it as a cross between the two :P I can't really find a reason why the black model should cost $30 more though. WARNING: The Citizen is only water resistant to 99ft.

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-AO9000...ywords=citizen

Either way, you're making a good buy.

Comment

Wow.. this looks like a great deal. I'm seriously considering cancelling my order for the J.Crew Timex 1600 and getting this instead, as I need a "go to" watch with a brown strap. Already have 3 black, and 1 stainless steel band..

Which do you guys like better:

OR

They're both going to cost me the same $ out of pocket.

Comment

The Timex looks like it lacks, almost want to say depth. It looks quite plain and very flat. I would personally go with the Seiko.
            "We had a sick night b*tches!"

Comment

Originally posted by frost View Post
              Wow.. this looks like a great deal. I'm seriously considering cancelling my order for the J.Crew Timex 1600 and getting this instead, as I need a "go to" watch with a brown strap. Already have 3 black, and 1 stainless steel band..

Which do you guys like better:

OR

They're both going to cost me the same $ out of pocket.
              Seiko, definitely

Comment

Based purely on looks I would say the Timex. I really like how clean it is. The seiko is a little to busy for me

Comment

Now I have both. Thanks a lot you bastards ;-)

Comment

Watches aren't an accessory - they're a disease. A highly contagious one.

Ben

Comment

I agree that buying watches is addictive. That is one reason I came to this forum. I was spending my money on watches instead of shoes and suits

Comment

tell me about it. I'm addicted to shoes... watches... ludlow fit...

Comment

Working...
                        X