Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lib View Post
    Anyone have pics?

That's not doing him any justice. I know most of you guys are bigger than me, so if anyone here is wearing the small I would appreciate any advice.

5'11" 163lbs and I have the small, it fits fine. It's not super fitted/trim but it isn't massively oversized. I was considering sending it back (to find something in a slimmer/more tailored fit), but I needed a casual jacket that was midweight and not as huge as my old coats and for $70 a month ago it was fine. I can do pix tomorrow if you want.

Comment

I hate you guys. Just ordered the rust color in a small (the saddle tan was sold out).

Not sure how much I'll like it, but LE's return anytime policy always gets me.

BTW, there's also a field coat on sale for $50 - 40% for anyone that just wants something cheaper but looks similar.

Comment

This jacket seems too big for me even size S , a pity really because it looks awesome.

Comment

Sorry it took so long for me to upload some pics. 5'8" 160 lbs in a size Small.

Comment

Wow, that looks just right on you. Thanks for the pics!

Comment

See here: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ilcloth-Jacket

Sounds like you could probably only take in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by llie19 View Post
                what are the difference between this one and these two? they look similar, just different colors.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-spor...242744_59.html

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-spor...228891_59.html
                Those coats don't have the pleats at the shoulders which allow for better movement, especially if you size down for a better fit. Most of the reviewers commenting on the other two styles say that they fit tight in the shoulders.

I own both colors of the oilcloth jacket, size small, and they fit great. For reference, I'm 5'10", 160 lbs. Typically I wear medium in most clothing, but small in a lot of lands end stuff.

Comment

is that the only difference? i wonder if the fabric is of significant difference, as the original price seem to suggest a large difference.

Originally posted by splitplug View Post
                  Those coats don't have the pleats at the shoulders which allow for better movement, especially if you size down for a better fit. Most of the reviewers commenting on the other two styles say that they fit tight in the shoulders.

I own both colors of the oilcloth jacket, size small, and they fit great. For reference, I'm 5'10", 160 lbs. Typically I wear medium in most clothing, but small in a lot of lands end stuff.

Comment

You can read the description and see that there's other differences. The more expensive one has waxed cotton, better insulation, is rated at a warmer temp, etc.

Comment

thanks, i was being lazy i am confused when a brand makes multiple of these rare items of different price levels. it's not like this is a wool vs cottom vs cashmere sweater clear distinction.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      You can read the description and see that there's other differences. The more expensive one has waxed cotton, better insulation, is rated at a warmer temp, etc.

Comment

@Vicious - Thanks for the pics, that put me over the edge to buy. The first time it told me the small in saddle was out of stock, but I tried again and it went through. What color did you get; is that the rust?
                        Last edited by jeff4; December 3, 2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Yes, mine is Rust. I should have added that in my description.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            Yes, mine is Rust. I should have added that in my description.
                            BTW, I'm also located in NoVA, so hopefully we don't run into each other wearing the same jacket

I'm roughly the same size (5'9/155lbs), so assuming this should fit me pretty well also.
                            Last edited by zerostyle; December 3, 2012, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Unbelievable jacket for the price. I am 6'1, 200 lbs, and the medium is a great fit, if perhaps a tiiiiny bit short in the arms. But the body and length are both fantastic. Own it in rust and can't say enough good things.

Comment

Just received my jacket today and I am extremely happy. I am 6'3" 195lbs and the medium fits very nicely.
                                I ended up using the discount which brought it down to $62.39 w/tax. Then used my discover card points for a gift certificate which was $40 for $50. So my out of pocket price for this coat was a whopping $12.39! I may buy the other color just to have.
                                Thanks to all who posted pics and size reviews.

Comment

Working...
                                X