Lands End Oilcoth Jacket down to $60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands End Oilcoth Jacket down to $60

I know this has been featured a lot in the threads lately (and there is another thread today about tailoring it), especially in the thread a few weeks back about the donnegal suit (which I picked up then).

With the current jacket sale + 40% off one item coupon you can get the oilcloth jacket for $60+ tax, with free shipping. Pretty sweet deal I think, was in the $80s during the last sale. I had to pick it up myself.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-spor...228890_59.html

I picked it up for $80ish as well. Great jacket.

Comment

Nice catch. What color do you recommend?

Comment

I think people have been going with the tan color. Check out a good review here:

http://brokeandbespoke.tumblr.com/po...et-its-on-sale

Comment

I picked it up for about $70, but only paid about $20 because I returned a LEC jacket that I got for Christmas last year and applied the credit towards this new one. Now, I just need to get this one tailored.

Comment

I actually picked up the Dark Rust Color, which looks brown unless you are under really really bright lights. I purchased both, but my wife said that the tan looked like every dickies or carhardt work jacket she's ever seen. She said that the Dark Rust had a dark, rich color that really made it stand out and look like a much more expensive jacket. I also think it looks better with the dark brown corduroy collar (lapel?). It's an amazing jacket for the price and I highly recommend it no matter which color you pick. Mine came out to $84 and is worth more than twice that.

I wear a 38R in suit jackets and I sized down to a small. It gave me a nice relatively slim fit while still having room for a think sweater and scarf underneath comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by bere09 View Post
              I actually picked up the Dark Rust Color. It's an amazing jacket for the price and I highly recommend it no matter which color you pick. Mine came out to $84 and is worth more than twice that.

I wear a 38R in suit jackets and I sized down to a small. It gave me a nice relatively slim fit while still having room for a think sweater and scarf underneath comfortably.
              Same here - on what I picked up and on my sizing. I'm 5'8" and wear a 38R. The jacket fit me pretty well in the chest and in the sleeves. The body of the jacket feels long to me but it's the same length on the model in the pics so I assume it's supposed to be like that. It could be a bit slimmer in the midsection but it's not something worth worrying to much about.

Comment

Just picked the jacket up in Saddle for a cool $59.99. I've been looking for an affordable jacket like this for a while.

Comment

I'm 5'10 and I feel it fits just about right, but I don't think being a bit long with a coat like this is a bad thing.

Comment

Anyone have pics?

That's not doing him any justice. I know most of you guys are bigger than me, so if anyone here is wearing the small I would appreciate any advice.

Comment

Thanks @Saleen! I was looking for a bday gift for my father in-law and this will be perfect.

Comment

how long are the sleeves? if you're 5'7, will the sleeves be too long for a size S?

Comment

Originally posted by Lib View Post
                          Anyone have pics?

That's not doing him any justice. I know most of you guys are bigger than me, so if anyone here is wearing the small I would appreciate any advice.
                          What color is that? Tan?....Anyone have pictures of the jacket in saddle?

Comment

Picked up one for myself and one for my grandmother to give to my brother for xmas. I have little doubt it will fit my bro since hes a hefty guy. I personally sized down to a small in the hopes that it will fit my skinny arse.

Comment

what are the difference between this one and these two? they look similar, just different colors.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-spor...242744_59.html

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-spor...228891_59.html

Comment

Working...
                              X