Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do with $300 worth of Dillards store credit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do with $300 worth of Dillards store credit?

The title pretty much says it all. After gift returns, I have $300 worth of store credit at Dillards. What would you all do with it? If I can't find anything else to spend it on, I'll likely get a simple charcoal suit. Before I do that, though, I wanted to see what's out there. FWIW, I have a hard time paying full price for things, even if it's not with my own money, so I'm attracted to things that are on sale.

The only thing I've found so far is this:
    http://www.dillards.com/product/Ecco...867601_zi_rust

However, I've just recently ordered a ton of shoes that should arrive any day (including a pair of brown pebble grain chukkas) so I don't exactly need another pair at the moment.

Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Any Christmas gifts you could buy there?

Comment

AHA! Now we're thinking... I'll revise my search and put my "gift" goggles on. The only problem is that I'm an early shopper so there aren't many things left for me to buy for others. Good thinking, though!

Comment

What about any basics you may need...socks, t shirts, underwear, or belts? They always have sales for those items. What about some cologne or other grooming products you have been wanting? More boring, but maybe housewares, like pots, pans, knives, towels, etc. Usually good sales this time of year for those too.

As for me, my wife would steal it and go to the MAC and perfume counter.

Comment

Step 1: Find out what Dillard's actually sells. I think I've seen a Dillard's before, but I'm not sure I've ever been in one.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Step 1: Find out what Dillard's actually sells. I think I've seen a Dillard's before, but I'm not sure I've ever been in one.
            Really? I thought they were nationwide. It's a department store, and I would put the quality level between Macy's and Nordstrom (but closer to Nordstrom).

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
              Really? I thought they were nationwide. It's a department store, and I would put the quality level between Macy's and Nordstrom (but closer to Nordstrom).
              They're not nationwide. I've yet to see one in New England and I only know of their existence because I'm at school in Ohio.

Either way, I concur, basically a high end department store. I'd be inclined to say on par with Nordstrom, but I don't have the experience to say for sure.

Comment

hold onto it and wait for a clearance, ive found a hugo boss sportcoat (regular price 595 on sale for 199), and ive found hart shaeffnar max $600 coat for $99, and a hickey freeman blazer $800 coat for about 100 as well.

aside from that they have a good selection of brands like ralph lauren, hugo boss, etc.

Comment

Any idea when the next clearance event will be? I recall they had one at the very beginning of the year.

Comment

Need a messenger bag? This RL is pretty nice (& on sale)
                    http://www.dillards.com/product/Polo..._khaki_leather

Comment

Their clearance events are relatively rare. They had one in the summer, they should probably be having one soon. You could probably ask somebody in-store. As for what to buy, need anything for the house? Get your wife something nice as a surprise? Too bad it's not Neiman, otherwise I'd have recommended grabbing a Creed fragrance.

Comment

they just had a huge clearance a couple of weeks ago, and another one on the weekend after black friday. i think next big one is after christmas - usually the employees there know when the upcoming big sales are and let you know. thats what happened with me in regards to the hugo boss blazer, i tried it on and the guy working the suit section told me exactly when to check back for a sale (i think this was june-ish), and sure enough it was marked down substantially. my guess is after christmas will be next.

Comment

Yeah, that's my best guess for the next big clearance. Either after Christmas or at the start of the new year. I've picked up a $400 leather jacket for $100 that way before.

Of for colognes, perfumes, or anything that smells... I'm allergic and can't be near that sort of stuff. So neither I nor my wife can wear it. :-S

Comment

I think I'm going to try to identify a 50% suit sale and just get a charcoal suit. They have a few throughout the year so it's just a matter of finding one. I was really disappointed in their shoe selection, and I'e got some other shoes coming in soon, anyway (perhaps today). I can always use more dress shirts, but that just feels like a boring way to spend the money. So I'm going to wait for a suit sale.

Thanks everybody.

Comment

If I had the gift card, I would probably just stick with their Polo Ralph Lauren stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X