I named a TheTieBar.com Tie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I named a TheTieBar.com Tie!

I don't know if any of you saw TheTieBar.com competition on Facebook but I just won it! They will be naming their new plaid tie "Plaiditude" after my suggestion, and sending me one for free!

I recently ordered a few ties from them for fall/winter (including a rust paisley and a wool herringbone), I love the quality and service that they have.

Congrats Chris, exciting stuff. I was super excited when I won the tie contest at primer magazine http://www.primermagazine.com/2010/l...na-clothing-co

Comment

Nice work. I've never ordered anything off TheTieBar, the prices look too good to be true. There has to be a little bit of "you get what you pay for", right? Any past customers able to vouch for TieBar?

Comment

yeah, I probably have 4-5 tiebar ties, and while they're not super amazing quality, they're definitely worth the money. better than the $40 ties people buy at department stores

Comment

I have one silk knit tie from Tie Bar and it's pretty nice. For $15 I don't think you can find anything better.

Comment

Good info, thanks. I guess it'd have to be pretty crummy not to be worth $15. They have nice pocket squares and a great selection of knit ties.

Comment

They have some really cool stuff, and I have never had a problem with quality. I have knit ties, wool ties, a seersucker, a denim, and a couple of silks. Everything I have ordered from there has been great so far.

You should grab a couple and see how you feel. Maybe wait a little while, because I think they will offer free shipping again soon.

Comment

I have 2 of their ties and want to get more soon. $20 a piece is a steal for a good looking extra length tie. Not to mention I can't find anywhere else that sells a decent knit tie for under $60 full retail.

I've worked up a wish list on my account there that is at least 70 ties long.

Comment

while I love the price (obviously), I've had some issues with their ties.

I recently ordered 6 ties; 5 knit ones and one madras plaid cotton. Madras seems fine, but of the 4 knit ties that I've worn so far, 2 have come through the first day with a noticeably pulled thread (one I would chalk up to an error; two makes me think it's a quality issue), and another one the stitch on the label loop came off. I don't even *use* the label loop, so I'm not sure how it came unstitched.

btw; I'm about a 16.5-17" neck, and an average 5'11, and tie my ties to hit mid-belt. The 'regular' length is a bit short on me. If you're willing to take the plunge, and have a slightly above-average neck size, you're probably going to want a long.

Comment

Congrats Chris. I'll be looking for your tie. I just recently got a few XL ties from the tiebar and found them to be very nice. I plan on getting a couple of knits soon but may hold off to see if the free shipping is offered like suggested above.

Comment

Working...
                    X