Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J Crew Factory Shirts Are The Best! (For Athletic Guys)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Crew Factory Shirts Are The Best! (For Athletic Guys)

Just picked up two oxfords today at the JCF Outlet. 40% off came in at $28 each.
    These are the 2nd and 3rd shirts I have purchased from them. I also have the washed medium gingham and love it as well.
    I have an athletic build and work out regularly. These shirts fit perfect up top and it aren't baggy at al in the wast.
    If you're like me and struggle to find quality OTR nice fitting shirts at reasonable prices give them a shot.
    No need to tailor.

For the record I ordered Mediums. I also have longer arms, 34/35 and these came in long enough.
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Is the shirt a "slim" cut?

Comment

I'm athletic and they fit me well. The waist could be a bit slimmer, but nothing to complain about.

Comment

I just received the gingham in the mail and really like the fit for a casual shirt. Anyone know if their dress shirts have a longer tail? The washed shirts feel far too short to tuck in...

Comment

I can't wear anything that Jcrew factory makes with sleeves, they are all standardized to T-REX arms

Moar tall options please!

I did order a merino vneck sweater from them though in large, as I only plan on wearing it over a white shirt, so a some cuff would be ok.
          Last edited by shad0w4life; November 29, 2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I'm just about an inch too large in the chest for the slim small but I fit the regular smalls fine. Slim mediums are baggy on me everywhere unfortunately.
            5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

I think it is a tailored fit, not the slim fit that I have seen.
              42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

hi, first post

I'm also oddly proportioned and never find well fitting off the rack shirts. 37" chest / 27" waist

are Jcrew factory shirts different than regular old Jcrew? I went to the Jcrew sample sale in nyc a few days ago and picked up 4 button downs and a sweater for ~$135 (from what i can tell, the same purchase online would be almost $400?!). I thought I got a deal - close to fair value - but online looks like a ripoff. the jcrew secret wash button down in xs slim fits me great, as does the tartan in xs slim. i also picked up a thomas mason gingham shirt, but it's not slimming and is a little billowy. oh well, you are probably accustomed to that disappointment too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Porter View Post
                  I think it is a tailored fit, not the slim fit that I have seen.
                  Sadly the medium in JCF still needs tailoring on my 39.5/29 frame :-(

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                    I can't wear anything that Jcrew factory makes with sleeves, they are all standardized to T-REX arms
                    Dude, seriously. They fit decent in the body OTR, though still a little big around the waist, but my arms are just too damn long. I do find their sweaters have long enough arms even in M.
                    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

At 5'5/140 pounds with a fairly skinny/athletic build, I've recently found that JCF collared shirts in XS are some of the best fitting shirts "off the rack" for me. (Though the best fitting shirt I own is still a plain white Uniqlo shirt in their J+ line that has now since been scrapped. Drat.)

@Volker - yes, JCF dress shirts are definitely much longer than their casual button downs. I own one and was pleased to see that it fits pretty much the same, only it's long enough to stay tucked in.

Comment

yeah I wish I could fit the XS. I'm 5'5 145 with 38chest/30waist and the slim fit S is the best OTR fit. I have to say the washed shirts are definitely good, but the dress shirts are a tad crispy to me. Were the oxfords in store the ones with the oarsman and was it only classic fit?

Slightly off topic, the JCP oxfords fit pretty good, but the sleeves are so slim that they cannot be rolled up/cuffed so unless you are super skinny, you can barely button them until you have put your hand through.

Comment

Agreed with all above. I am 5'5" 145 (broad for my size, with short arms). the xs can fit although the arms are a little long and the body needs to be slimmed. But the shoulders are a little small, but doable.
                          What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
                          -Maximus

Comment

I've only bought one shirt from J.Crew Factory. The fit was ok through the shoulders and arms but a bit loose in the body. Granted, this was one of their regular cut shirts. Their slim fits are probably better but they offer only a depressingly limited number of styles, and at the moment, they seem to have run pretty thin on color and sizing selection in the slim styles they DO have.
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                              Dude, seriously. They fit decent in the body OTR, though still a little big around the waist, but my arms are just too damn long. I do find their sweaters have long enough arms even in M.
                              I sized down in the merino sweaters (from medium to small) and they obviously the fit a lot trimmer in the body. The arms are still long enough, but the sweater itself is borderline short. It's also tight enough around the chest that you can see the 3rd button on my shirt, which isn't a huge deal to me and I'm sure it will stretch a bit in time. For reference, I'm 6'0 175 and usually take 34" or 35" sleeves and generally wear a 38L or 39R.

I would have bought the medium slim fit, but it doesn't come in as many colors.

On the other hand, I'm already starting to see pilling just a few wears in. I'll get the de-pilling tool Joe featured a little while ago, but I think I'm done with cheap sweaters after these go.

Comment

Working...
                              X