Shoe Shine box/valet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe Shine box/valet

So I was inspired by Joe's column the other day to get a proper shoe shine valet/box (also my cardboard shoe box containing my polish, brush, etc. is falling apart).

What do you guys use?

I was actually looking for a box too, that vintage one was quite a good deal.

Right now...news paper and a table

Meltonian creams, various polish colours and many flannel cloths/brushes/daubers

Comment

I've got the jonson and Murphy box several years ago- it's small but looks really nice so it works... do it over again id look to get somebody like waxingmoon.com to make me a custom box. The JM only really allows for one brush (if you use one) and about 4-6 cans of cream or wax. and not much room for rags, daubers, or shammies. I know people that use old wooden tool boxes (circa 1920 types) or newer tackle boxes. the old tool boxes are a lot cooler. Upside to the J&M- its small so it's in the closet with no issues.

Comment

I used to want a valet, but I simply use a drawer in my bathroom. Has all my shoe care products stored in it and I don't have to worry about putting a valet somewhere.

Comment

I've been using an Allen Edmonds shoebox. Need to upgrade at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by frost View Post
            I've been using an Allen Edmonds shoebox. Need to upgrade at some point.
            Haha, me too

Comment

I've been using a plastic bag from Duane Reade...really disapointed in myself there...

Comment

This fully-stocked Loake valet kit is currently only about $90 + shipping:
                http://www.edwardsofmanchester.co.uk...valet-box.html
                Use code jan2013 for 20% off and then they deduct the 20% VAT if you ship to the US.

Comment

Seriously, Fred. My wallet hates you.
                  "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                    Seriously, Fred. My wallet hates you.
                    LOL!

Comment

I still have most of my gear in an old cardboard shoebox, but I did recently snag an old *Esquire Shoe Valet De Luxe* from a local Salvation Army for $8. It's could use a little cleaning-up/wiping-down, but it's pretty cool for an affordable throwback of sorts. Like this...

Comment

Man, I want that valet box, but I think I'm going to be able to resist because I've already bought the 4 shades of polish I need and the conditioner/cleaner from Allen Edmonds (to match the AE shoes I own). Even if I convince myself that the brushes, daubers, suede care, polishing cloths, and box are worth the extra $54 plus shipping, I just don't need all that extra polish. Plus, if I go for 1 brush + 1 applicator per color, I'd still need to be 2 more brushes and applicators.

So I obviously needed to tally this all up to avoid the impulse buy for a very nice looking valet box. I almost wish I hadn't bought those polishes and then I'd be all over this. I guess I'll just wait for the next AE accessories sale and scour Etsy/Ebay for a vintage valet box.

Comment

Working...
                        X