Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help building some outfits around the AE Park Ave in Walnut/similar(cheaper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help building some outfits around the AE Park Ave in Walnut/similar(cheaper)

Hey gents,

I am very curious on these shoes or something similar more dappered I guess. I would like to come out with a few casual/ biz casual outfits for these. I don't have much luck matching stuff when it comes to syle though I know it is important, so I'm asking for help.

Thanks a bunch,
    Ryan

I'm not an expert, but the AE Park Avenues are a very formal shoe. The Walnut color does immediately make it more casual, but by the way it's constructed, it still is a very simple and formal shoe. I have the Park Aves in black, and rarely wear them (I prefer brown shoes in general) but yeah, I only save those for the more formal situations I'm in. If you're just considering a walnut shoe and one from AE, the Strand is a popular option, but beware - it looks a lot different than the Park Ave and has a lot more design and detail.

Regarding building some casual and business casual outfits, it would help to know what you currently have in your wardrobe. You can easily dress down walnut shoes with a light colored blazer and/or with dark straight/slim denim. I wear my Strands all the time with dark jeans and fitted button down collared shirts that I tend to roll up. You can incorporate some cardigan and v-neck sweaters as well in brighter colors, or keep it a bit muted in grays and black and switch it up with a flashier or textured tie. I actually find it to be a very versatile shoe.

Comment

Right I was looking for a more casual one than the AE's though I was not finding anything so I used those as an example. But I like the walnut more than others when it comes to the casual look.

As far as what is in my closet right now, its not a whole lot. That's why I started this thread. I have a few sweaters and ties, a black/brown captoe, blue/grey blazer and assorted button up shirts. And as far as versatility goes that is exactly what i'm looking for. This shoe just seems like it would go very well with pretty much everything. Maybe if you had a cheaper version of those?

Comment

Walnut goes really well with light grey, and if you want to be a little more trendy you can wear brighter socks like shades of purples etc

http://www.primermagazine.com/2010/s...ew-brown-shoes

notice the hit of purple on the sock, I was trying to track down solid socks of that colour for the combo.

Comment

hmm your link does not seem to want to load on my computer. I would really appreciate it if you guys could come up with a couple of specifics that I could start with. Also if you could name a cheaper shoe that comes in walnut I should try that would be great.

Thanks.

Comment

@ RyanUSMC What is your budget?

Comment

hmmm for the shoes maybe 100-150 and for the whole wardrobe 1500-2000

Comment

The Park Avenue Walnut is a more formal shoe as others have mentioned. The strand would be a good option in the middle and can bridge the gap. A rougher walnut leather like the AE walnut black hills would only be for informal reasons. Here's a picture of my three walnuts with the strand being a perfect mix in the middle for versatility:

Comment

Working...
                X