Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amespi
    replied
    Can anyone recommend some shops in NYC that I can check out?

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied
    I wouldn't wear the A&B suit for sure, indochino I'd say go for it if you're not worried about standing out.

Alternative:

A vest(NOT a sweater vest) would look good, put a tie on but loosen it a lot(make it apparent you don't want it done up) for a little extra colour. I've never been asked why I'm so dressed up with that combo.

Leave a comment:

• amespi
    replied
    Thanks Alan and Corduroy. I think I will need to hit some shops. I have nothing in between business and bum but this will give me a chance to expand my wardrobe.

Any further suggestions I would really appreciate!

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    replied
    I'd wear nice dark jeans and some nice shoes. Maybe a blazer and a tie. You could also dress it up with something unique that you wouldn't normally wear, say a velvet blazer, some fun color, a tux jacket casually, or something like that. If all else fails, well fitting and polished never hurts. But, I do agree with Alan, unless it is a dressy affair, I'd skip the suit.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied
    My advice is to not wear a suit. You'll look out of place, but more importantly, you'l run a great risk of permanently damaging it.

Leave a comment:

• amespi
    started a topic New Year's Eve wtf do I wear!?

New Year's Eve wtf do I wear!?

Last week I was invited to a New Year's Eve event at a night club in Chelsea. I'm excited because I haven't had a "night out" this whole year! So as we are about to enter December I've been thinking about what the hell to wear. I've been out of the country for about 5 years and never been into the club scenes in New York although overseas I went a few times a month. My closet consists of 3 very nice and very new Astor & Black suits that I wear for work. Other than that just some jeans and shirts to throw on to do errands over the weekend.

My question to you (especially if you live in a big city) is can I wear a suit to a club and pull it off without looking out of place? I'm tall slim and these suits fit me amazingly. I get compliments on my suits and always feel confident during work days. I google the shit out of this topic but got mixed opinions. Some say do it some say they hate seeing people in suits.

The suits:
    Navy
    Gray
    Sharkskin

Any ideas how to wear this for a NYE event? Tie? No tie? ahhhh fml
Working...
X