Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The disappearing arse. Why do my jeans stretch out so much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Porter
    replied
    @Cjl1978

I had no idea you can have the waist taken in just on the backside. That is exactly where it falls down a bit. Great tip. I'll ask my tailor.

Leave a comment:

• cjl1978
    replied
    I had the same phenomenon in khakis -- fit straight out of the dryer, but almost falling down a few days afterward. Had the waist taken in on the backside (had to specify there and not the front) and it fixed the problem superbly.

Leave a comment:

• Jazzocaster
    replied
    The key to getting a great fit with jeans is to buy them so they are tighter than you would normally wear. They're gonna stretch out a little bit and you'll be left with a great fitting pair of pants. The current pair of jeans I'm on were really tight when I first got them. They were pretty tough to get into and borderline uncomfortable. They've stretched out enough now that they fit absolutely perfectly and they're really comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied
    Most fabrics, including denim, will stretch out a bit during wear--particularly in the waist/midsection area because that gets the most movement throughout your day. Generally, I buy jeans that are pretty tight when I initially put them on (after washing them), so that when they stretch out a bit they're not too droopy; however, there isn't much you can do to avoid the stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Porter
    started a topic The disappearing arse. Why do my jeans stretch out so much?

The disappearing arse. Why do my jeans stretch out so much?

I feel like after one wear my jeans are a size bigger.
    They stretch out an inch in the waist, hang down a little, and make it look like my arse is nonexistent. DRIVES ME NUTS.
    They still fit great everywhere else, actually better everywhere else.

Should I just get the waist taken in an inch or inch and a half? Are there any other solutions?

Damn Denim Problems.
Working...
X