Expensive(r) Peacoats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expensive(r) Peacoats

Yes, there is many a thread about bargain, mid-priced and even (gasp) full retail peacoats. I will probably wind up buying one of those.

But I really want one of these:

Wool Cashmere Brown Herringbone Peacoat by Suit Supply

Light Grey Wool Peacoat by Suit Supply

I'm with you. I have a Target Merona one I've been wearing for a couple years, but I really want the Billy Reid one that Daniel Craig wears in Skyfall. It's steep at $650 but oh so perfect.

Comment

If I lived in a colder environment to get more use out of it, I would buy the Billy Reid coat in a heartbeat. Sadly, it would likely be a bit too warm for Los Angeles 'winters'

http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-navy-7.html

Comment

Billy reid james bond limited pea coat ftw. I almost bought it but decided id get suits as i have a decent PC

Comment

Yeah, the Billy Reid peacoat looks pretty sweet. But I kind of have my heart set on a lighter grey or brown peacoat. Something a little different, you know?

Comment

Here's the one I was refering to.
            http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-navy-7.html

Peak lapel etc slightly different however great news

itailor.com

you can go customize your own, I'm not sure of the fabric quality but I just ordered a custom 3/4 overcoat in navy, single breasted, flap pockets, peak lapels just to make it ever so slightly different($190 CDN total shipped). But I hope it matches the SB coat from skyfall pretty much. They have tonnes of fabric colours though, I won't have mine for about 4 more weeks I'm guessing so i can't give you a review unfortunately, but the $125 sportcoat I got has been quite good, fits well etc, doesn't de wrinkle as well as a full wool one though

You can do Double breasted(which I was going to but they can't do a 10 button option currently, and I have a 10/2 already

anyways if you want different, that's a good route.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
              Yeah, the Billy Reid peacoat looks pretty sweet. But I kind of have my heart set on a lighter grey or brown peacoat. Something a little different, you know?
              Billy Reid made a brown peacoat in that exact same model. I almost picked one up during the Clad fire sale but they ran out of smalls.

Comment

the bond peacoat is quite fashion forward, maybe a few too many bells and whistles, flap pockets, hand warming pockets, very close botton columns ,peak lapel with strangely tiny collar that's barely visible when popped up.the biggest problem, it's a little short like all the other brands of peacoats on the market.

Comment

Working...
                X