Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to wear this casually?

I love my new JCF shawl cardigan.

Only one problem, I'm struggling with ideas on how to wear it casually. Wearing any of my Express 1MX shirts doesn't feel right. I'm trying to wear this more often and without ties a lot of the time. My patterned button down collar shirts don't look right either. I've worn it once with a V-neck t-shirt and it looks good. What would you wear with it?

http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...wool/13535.jsp
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

For this time of the year, you really can't get more casual and comfortable than a cardigan with a crew neck or v-neck tee underneath. A white oxford button down or something similar would look pretty good too if you're looking to pair it with a collared shirt.

Comment

i wear my shawl collar w/jeans and an oxford button down

Comment

Are the express shirts as 'crisp' and 'dress shirt' like in fabric as I remember them being? Look at how soft the cardigan appears... it will clash with very fine fabric shirts. Softer cloths like oxfords, some twills, some chambrays, etc. will look better. Patterns will be okay as long as they look as soft.

Comment

That is pretty simple to wear casually. I would wear it over a white OCBD and jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lib View Post
            Are the express shirts as 'crisp' and 'dress shirt' like in fabric as I remember them being? Look at how soft the cardigan appears... it will clash with very fine fabric shirts. Softer cloths like oxfords, some twills, some chambrays, etc. will look better. Patterns will be okay as long as they look as soft.
            This is exactly how i felt. I guess I need a good white and ligh blue oxford. Unfortunately the JCP ones are way too tight in the arms/shoulders/upper back. Great tip. Thanks
            42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

I have the same sweater. Have wore it with white and blue button downs, various colored v-neck shirts, and henleys. mostly on top of jeans and boots.

Comment

I wearing that very sweater right now with a maroon henley and dark jeans.

Comment

this is a look that I saw and really liked. If you have similar pieces perhaps this may work with the cardigan?

Comment

I recently got the same cardigan and have paired it with a white or light blue OCBD and dark jeans and love the look.

Comment

Working...
                    X