X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    jose_jackson

• jose_jackson
    replied

Actually, I think Ross is great if you know what you're getting into. Sure most of it is crap, bag clothing, but there are some solid classic items too. I can almost always find a pair of slim Levi's in my size for $15-20. They have great casual sneakers for $20-$30. You can sometimes find a good slim fit CK or DKNY shirt for $20. I buy all my boxer-brief underwear there. Also, they have TH and CK ties for about $12 and sometimes even less than that.

As far as comparisons go, I gotta give Ross the edge simply because they have an actual men's section and not just a few racks of menswear shoved in the corner like TJ Maxx and Marshall's seem to have (at least in my experience).

I realize the stores probably change drastically from location to location. I'd definitely give it a shot. It's like thrifting really, but you probably will get a decent find once every 100 garments as compared to once every thousand or more.

Leave a comment:

• MagM

• MagM
    replied

Double post.

Leave a comment:

• MagM

• MagM
    replied

There's almost never anything good whenever I go to Ross, but these places all carry those shirts in bags with neck/arm measurements for cheap. If you ever need one in a pinch to wear under a jacket (hopefully minimizing the importance of avoiding the 'wearing a trash bag' look) I'd suggest Ross. I never expect to find a single acceptable thing in these places. When I do, I'm pleasantly surprised. Kinda like thrifting, but more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• CharlesMartel

• CharlesMartel
    replied

Take it from Sebastian Maniscalco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op0nIyWpYFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-xcwGdwY8o

My experience has been the same as Tat's. Every time I go in, I swear to myself, never again. Marshall's is slightly better - once found and bought a stunning RL blue label, probably Corneliani, suit for $299.

Leave a comment:

• sal_orlando

• sal_orlando
    replied

In my area TJ Maxx and Marshalls are way better than Ross.

Leave a comment:

• matthew_nichols

• matthew_nichols
    replied

Been a while since I went but I'd say TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls are all in that same tier. Its often worth a speed browse, you can find some decent brands like Ben Sherman, Fred Perry, Levis, etc... every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• Ben

• Ben
    replied

^ agreed, the ross that I've been in is terrible, and I never have any desire to go in again

Leave a comment:

• Tat

• Tat
    replied

All the Ross's in my area are worse than Marshalls, they all carry these getting shit brands because apparently my area of living is filled with people who wear clothes 4 times the size of which fits them. Ecko, Shady, Coogi crap, Sean John junk. Thats all my ross carries, floors are always dirty, and everything is sloppy and a mess.

But hey, thats just the 3 ross's in my town. Better luck to yours!

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    Varsity Member

• Cannon
    replied

@YackoYak Forgot about that. Nordstrom Rack, Neiman Marcus Last Call, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls are similar ideas. Check them out when you get the chance because at least a couple of those should have good things worth buying.

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak

• YackoYak
    replied

Agree with Cannon. In my area is more Marshalls than Nordstrom Rack.

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    Varsity Member

• Cannon
    replied

It is fine if you pick classics that can last past the season they were released in, but often times, you may get stuck with trendy/out-of-season things from older collections. It is worth a look nd you may have a good location that buys better selection.

Leave a comment:

• Thekillabeejc
    Varsity Member

• Thekillabeejc
    started a topic Ross Dress for Less?

Ross Dress for Less?

Does anyone have one of these stores in their area? Thoughts? One is opening in my area on Saturday, and I was just wondering if anything good could be found there. I'm hoping it's more like a Nordstrom Rack than a Marshall's but we will see.

Working...
X