Can I Vent Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Vent Please?

I just want to complain about how horrible my LEC "Tailored Fit" shirts actually fit. They are HUGE in the waist!
    And I don't understand because I picked up a few shirts in same size, (Medium) that weren't "Tailored Fit," and they fit like a Medium should.

Just venting. I'm not giving up on LEC. It just sucks because I can't size down anymore. I'm a thin athletic guy and these mediums are tight/restraining in the shoulder/arm/chest/upper back area and huge in the waist.

42 inch Chest and 32 inch Waist. FML
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

I am done with LEC. The things I have bought in my size fit like rags. Not even tailoring will help.

Comment

A 10" drop is never going to be easy to work with, "tailored fit" to most retailers means "not fat". LEC smalls fit me well enough given I've probably paid on average $15 for the pile of LEC shirts I have. No retailer I know of caters to the jacked gentleman.

Comment

Yeah, we all feel so sorry for you.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
          Yeah, we all feel so sorry for you.
          Ha ha, I feel this way a lot as well when I read about skinny athletic young guys on here having trouble finding shirts that fit. For me, it's the other way around with a 42" chest and 42" waist. I also have trouble finding shirts that fit, mostly due to my narrow shoulders and somewhat pudgy stomach. I guess I'm lucky in this regard in terms of LEC shirt fit since the one I have (chambray workshirt, size L) fits me like a glove (hugging but not constricting my waist) except for the long sleeve length. ;-)
          Last edited by MattRicketts; November 27, 2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Porter View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Porter View Post
              Good news is: If foodie or I say we found something that fit off the rack, you're pretty much good to go I think we are both around 40-42 chest and 30-32 waist.

jcrew polos are about the only thing I've found that fit great.

Comment

Ditto to what Shadow says. I'm actually a 39.5 and 29-30, but our ratio is about the same. Tailoring or M2M is the only way!

Comment

39.5? You go stand in the anorexic corner!

@Dave anything you buy OTR factor in tailoring cost pretty much, if you have 36 arms like me you can factor in a lot more tailoring too But because of this I started trying MTM places like iTailor for my overcoat and a sportcoat and had good experiences so far that I can report back. I will definitely have "specific suit measurements to pay attention to" after these coming weeks, people thought my shoulders were too big on my black lapel suit, but I think they were too small so we will see here soon! I have about 5 jackets to try with different measurements hah.

Comment

Exact same measurements here...I just deal with the tight chest/shoulders and stick with M. I have one shirt I got from my brother that's a ralph lauren custom fit and I think it fits real well. A little looser, but comfy and definitely somewhat fitted.

Do you guys have any recommendations for which brands, fits, etc? I recently purchased a CT slim fit in Small (medium sleeves were too long) and I still get that tight chest thing, but I also got a extra slim 15.5/33 dress shirt waiting for me at home home for christmas, I'll see how that fits. Maybe I should just try a M next time since I roll up my sleeves anyways.

Otherwise, I think I might just stop buying shirts and do the Hall&Madden thing (not sure if its MTM but I think it is).
                    Last edited by brian3; November 28, 2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I've only got about an 8" drop, but FWIW the CT Extra Slim Fits are perfect on me 15.5/35. Nordstrom has a trim fit which also fits pretty slim. Avoid LEC...as it's been stated, the waist is nasty on their shirts. I can't stand wearing my LEC Oxfords... thankfully I only paid about 10-12$ for each.

Comment

I have been fortunate with the Calvin Klein X Fit (or extreme slim fit). It is the most tailored fit they have, and I was lucky enough to find a couple under $30 at my local Rack.
                        I think they always have some sales going on their official website all the time as well.

Comment

Thanks for the support.

The Express Merino Sweaters, Signature Polos and 1MX shirts all fit great OTR on me. I also have a great fitting rugby from Polo that is custom fit. Besides that, everything could use a little tailoring. Only problem, I'm 25 on a budget and I cannot afford to get everything tailored. Oh, I also LOVE the Mossimo Supply Co Cotton/Poly T-shirts form Target. I have an arsenal of those in a ton of colors.
                          42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Problem is I'm only 5'9 also, so the sleeves on large are always too long

Comment

Working...
                            X