untucked button-downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

untucked button-downs

I wear button-downs untucked, from time to time, & I do all of my clothes shopping online. Anybody have suggestions on sites that have a good button-down selection, with the right lengths for untucked? I usually wait for a code for one of the usual sites (Gap, BR, J. Crew) but it seems like their slim "casual" button-downs are mostly plaids, with some uneven lengths. I figure there's gotta be a site out there that makes fitted button-downs that you can wear untucked.

Have you checked Uniqulo? I recently got a button down to wear untucked as well and I am very happy with it. What brands have button downs the right length that you own?

Comment

Originally posted by the new transported man View Post
      I wear button-downs untucked, from time to time, & I do all of my clothes shopping online. Anybody have suggestions on sites that have a good button-down selection, with the right lengths for untucked? I usually wait for a code for one of the usual sites (Gap, BR, J. Crew) but it seems like their slim "casual" button-downs are mostly plaids, with some uneven lengths. I figure there's gotta be a site out there that makes fitted button-downs that you can wear untucked.
      You could try 5th and Lamar. http://www.5thandlamar.com/home.php?cat=103

Disclaimer: I have ZERO experience with their products, I just remembered they had "Tuckers" and "Un-Tuckers" as categories.

Comment

Try Untuckit - they specialize in making shirts that are designed to be worn untucked.

http://untuckit.com/

I bought one of their button-down plaids yesterday for $65 during their CM sale. They also offer free shipping on all US orders. My shirt is still on its way so I have yet to find out how it fits in person.

Edit: After I bought my shirt, Untuckit sent me a 10% off coupon to share with others. If someone makes a purchase with this coupon, I get a $20 off coupon for me to use on my next purchase. Not sure if this 10% off coupon is a one-time use coupon or if multiple new customers can use it, but here it is:

http://untuckit.refr.cc/H5HCCH6
        Last edited by passerby; November 27, 2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
          Have you checked Uniqulo? I recently got a button down to wear untucked as well and I am very happy with it. What brands have button downs the right length that you own?
          Thanks - My decent "untuckers" are varied...a few Gap, couple of cheapos from Calvin Klein, these 2 Hugo Boss ginghams that I seem to be outgrowing.

Do you know whether your Uniqlo shirt is a "casual" or "dress"?
          Last edited by the new transported man; November 27, 2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

You buy the shirt you like and have it hemmed. The more you guys ask for shorter shirts the more the market is flooded with shirts that I can't tuck in! You can hem your shirt, I can't let mine out! Won't somebody please think of the Lib....?
            Last edited by Lib; November 27, 2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I'd just buy whatever and get the shirt hemmed, or get a sewing machine and learn to do it yourself. That way you can take advantage of the many options for shirts in the $15-$30 range vs having to go to expensive specialty "button-downs for short guys" places.

Comment

I have a machine & I do some tailoring. But I have pretty much zero free time, so I wouldn't mind getting a few $30, untuckable button-downs, ready to wear. Those specialty shops are enticing, but I'm just not down with an $80 shirt. One of these days, though, I'll spend a few bills on custom shirts. I have one & it's awesome.

Comment

I've had success with J crew and BR's button downs, though their slim fit is far from fitted in my opinion.

Comment

Modern Tailor and Blank Label. I cannot praise them enough. They are custom fitted. You can design dress shirts or you can design some more casual options.

Comment

most of my button downs are all jcrew or i have a few from wallin bros from nordstom that are a good length for untucked and very trim fitting, the only thing with them is the sleeves are fairly short but if you wear them rolled its no a big deal

Comment

I don't wear untucked button downs, but all my Bonobos shirts are the right length to be worn untucked. BTW, I love the fit on their OCBD and other casual shirts (I think I'm up to 9 now).

Comment

Working...
                        X