Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoe polish color for JCP wingtip boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe polish color for JCP wingtip boots?

Has anyone tried to polish the JCP wingtip boots? I'm not sure what color to use since it's a light brown/walnut color. Would I use just regular brown polish? I was going to purchase some walunt polish form AE to shine up my Strands and even thought of using that on the boots also.

Thanks,

Joedet

if you insist on using the exact matching color but can't find it, you can use neutral colored wax, supposedly it shines any shoe while retaining its original color. kiwi has it.

Comment

I don't know if I would "waste" the AE polish on the JCP boot. You could probably find a meltonian cream that would be closer in color. Cognac maybe?

Comment

Assuming the boots don't have any actual scuffs where the original color has been worn off on them, then as llie19 said, a simple "neutral" colored wax will give the boots a shine without changing the color.

Comment

I'm thinking about doing that black polish trick that was posted on the main site a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by cubist_zirconia View Post
            I'm thinking about doing that black polish trick that was posted on the main site a while back.
            Someone did that. They also posted a pic in the comments to the JCP boot post. Go check it out.

Comment

Working...
            X