No announcement yet.

How did everyone do on BF+CM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg_s I hope you got kai or feather blades in your sample pack, they are awesome.

Comment

i got:

-leather wallet from jackspade.com
      -ledbury shirt [http://www.ledbury.com/products/the-...tarks-gingham]
      -ralph lauren polo chinos from dillards [$25]
      -2 Turnberry merino sweater vests from dillards ($15/each)

Comment

I picked up a Hart Schaffner Marx suit for $200 at Nordstrom Rack.

Comment

I didn't buy a thing on Black Friday--I think I got kind of turned off by the Thanksgiving shopping craze this year. But I did find a cardigan sweater and a charcoal blazer on cyber Monday and both are going to work out great I think.

Comment

I thought my wallet would make it through, but then the Mr Porter sale started early this year on Monday. Managed to only buy a Folk cardigan, but added a couple dozen things to my wish list that I'm waiting to see if they will drop further.

Comment

Originally posted by dstepner View Post
              Picked up a Dragon Inside navy for 190 shipped, crazy deal. For once it's better living in Canada ha.

Does anyone have an idea when the code may end? I'm thinking I'll snap up the grey one if my first comes back fitting well.
              Their Facebook person told me it ends on 12/18, so you definitely have some more time.

Comment

I have spent way too much the last 2 weeks or so:
                J. Crew Authentic Bayswater Peacoat
                J. Crew Ludlow Sportcoat in stripe Japanese cotton Twill
                J. Crew Ludlow Sportcoat in corduroy
                11 Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit shirts
                7 Banana Republic slim fit shirts
                2 pairs of Bonobos chinos

But here is the pièce de résistance purchased on Black Friday (Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 8500 with black dial, not my photo as I don't have it yet):

Comment

I am mighty fond of that watch

Comment

Used some store credit and bought some Bonobos trousers and a couple pairs of chinos. This wil be roughly free when I return the sizes that don't fit.

$60 or so BR taupe trousers (I like this color a lot more in person than online).

$60 wool Saks Red Label glen plaid trousers from Off 5th

$20 JCP OCBD in purple

And a total last second impulse, 3 LE ties for $48: bright purple knit, navy blue wide stripe, and my favorite - silk Churchill dot
                    Last edited by redbeardedmike; November 27, 2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian619 View Post

But here is the pièce de résistance purchased on Black Friday (Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 8500 with black dial, not my photo as I don't have it yet):

Awesome!!! I reeaally like that Omega, congrats! Where'd you find a Black Friday deal for that?

Comment

Picked up a pair of AE Walnut Strands 9B on Amazon through the Cyber Monday deal. Came out to $187.50 total. Excited for my third pair of AE shoes.

Also stopped by Best Buy late Friday afternoon and picked up a Seagate 1TB external hard drive for $75 after tax, as well as a bag of Hanes tank tops for $4.99.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                          Awesome!!! I reeaally like that Omega, congrats! Where'd you find a Black Friday deal for that?
                          Topper Jewelers
                          http://www.topperjewelers.com/

They had a BF/CM special where if you spend a certain amount you would get an Apple Product, from an iPod Nano to one of the new MacBook Pros with Retina display. The AT8500 qualified for a Retina iPad, so we negotiated a bit and I told them I didn't want the iPad either so they deducted that from the total price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian619 View Post
                            Topper Jewelers
                            http://www.topperjewelers.com/

They had a BF/CM special where if you spend a certain amount you would get an Apple Product, from an iPod Nano to one of the new MacBook Pros with Retina display. The AT8500 qualified for a Retina iPad, so we negotiated a bit and I told them I didn't want the iPad either so they deducted that from the total price.
                            I think you win

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                              Greg_s I hope you got kai or feather blades in your sample pack, they are awesome.
                              Yes it included feather blades and a few others. I want to try a variety even though I've heard nothing but good things about the feathers. I figure it would be helpful to practice with something that isn't quite so sharp.
                              "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                                Yes it included feather blades and a few others. I want to try a variety even though I've heard nothing but good things about the feathers. I figure it would be helpful to practice with something that isn't quite so sharp.
                                Great plan, it's just if you find a lot of tugging etc, it may not nescessarily be technique and rather than get frustrated, a simple change to a sharper blade may have you going ohhhhhh! I used derbys first and wasn't really sold on the whole lack of burning feeling after my first heavy shave

Comment

Working...
                                X