No announcement yet.

How did everyone do on BF+CM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to check out Dragon Inside, but it would appear that their website is down. Anyone else having the same issues?

Comment

It does look down right now yes.

Comment

I basically bought all the slim wash shirts (sans oarsman oxfords) in S at JCrewFactory and the cotton/cashmere sweaters for just under $300. Also finally got the brown neumoks @ shoebuy though the size will be off for $175. Biggest expenditure was really my C&B clybourn and think chair, for those who are familiar with those.

Comment

kudos, that tv was a major achievement!

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
          clothes wise:
          2 pairs of chinos from JCP. $42.
          3 sweaters from old navy $30.
          2pks cool wool socks in red and blue $6

That was about it for clothes, i spend bf and cb getting electronics and things i need for the house.

Home depot:
          7.5 ft Marth Stewart christmas tree, per orders given by wife..." you better not come into this house w/o that tree Max, i swear" lol. usually costs 179 paid $59
          9ft ladder 15 bucks

Amazon:
          50 inch TV $300, this one took major plannining and discipline, was one of those lightning deals things, it was gone in 10 seconds. Needless to say maxman gets the job done when orders are given.

Walmart: i actually stayed and in line for this and it wasnt as bad as everyone and thier mom says...i live in the burbs and didnt have any pyscho soccer moms trying to beast on me. biggest haul here.

Ipad for the wife: $399
          HP all in one desktop for myself, wife refuses to share her desktop $400
          home entertainment system to go with the TV $148
          fire pit, another request by my boss. $22 bucks, great deal usually costs 79 in store.

Newegg: leaf blower Poulan $120, i have about a 3/4 of an acre of land and its covered in leaves...the blower will make my life a little easier
          In all i got everything on my list and got free donuts and coffee at home depot and a very pleasant experience at Walmart...

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            FocusPants - I got that same F&O sweater as part of my crate earlier this month. My wife loves it since the M fits me perfectly.
            What are your measurements if you dont mind. They only had large left, and their large dress shirts fit me very well. I am 5'11 185 with a 42" chest and 34 waist. Their stuff tends to fit really snug and I am usually a medium everywhere else, but I am hoping their sweaters fit snug like their dress shirts and blazers.

Comment

I did not go to any stores but I ordered some stuff online. I've been wanting to try out Frank & Oak for a while, so I ordered a shirt and chinos from their BF sale for $65. I also ordered two shirts from Bonobos for $130, a plaid flannel and a red and navy gingham. The rest of my orders were for the kids: Nintendo 3DS XL and game, several Lego Friends sets, dolls and outfits, iPad mini, bedding sets, etc. Now, I need to get stuff for the wife.

Comment

wish i knew there was the aldo bf/cm sale, is it over now?

Comment

there are still some discounts, you should check it out llie19

Comment

I did a bit of gift-shopping online (<$100 for a wool throw blanket, a necklace, and cashmere gloves from STP) and browsed a couple jewelry/watch stores with my brother, who is looking for a new watch. I think he's going to end up buying himself the all-black Citizen Stiletto. Those shops weren't particularly busy on Friday afternoon. Of course, they were small, locally-owned stores in our historic downtown, rather than big box retailers or electronics stores with massive Black Friday sales. My mom did some shopping downtown earlier in the day and evidently it was quiet then, too.

I also ended up buying myself a Christmas gift as a reward for my overall spend-thriftiness these past few months. Whether I'll have the self discipline to wait until Christmas to "give" it to myself remains to be seen.

I will be clearing some stuff out of my watch box to make room, so keep an eye out on the sales forum if you're interested. My Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic and a Seiko chronograph will be on the chopping block, among others.
                    Last edited by LesserBlackDog; November 27, 2012, 12:15 PM.
                    Ben

Comment

thanks Jack. i went to their website, but can't tell if prices have gone up from their bf/cb numbers.

Originally posted by Jack Lin View Post
                      there are still some discounts, you should check it out llie19

Comment

Picked up a Dragon Inside navy for 190 shipped, crazy deal. For once it's better living in Canada ha.

Does anyone have an idea when the code may end? I'm thinking I'll snap up the grey one if my first comes back fitting well.

Comment

Picked up a Dragon Inside navy for 190 shipped, crazy deal. For once it's better living in Canada ha.

Does anyone have an idea when the code may end? I'm thinking I'll snap up the grey one if my first comes back fitting well.

Comment

Indochino
                            Blue Sharkskin - $280
                            Blue Glen Plaid - $280
                            Navy Topcoat - $245

Amazon
                            Allen Edmonds Stands - $194

Comment

I did quite well.

JCrew Factory:

Cashmere/cotton sweater, 2 shirts, wool pants, 2 pairs of socks for around $140 shipped

Target:

Christmas gifts and flannel sheets

Amazon:

Christmas gifts, merkur long-handled safety razor, sample pack of blades, proraso post-shave balm

Express:

Merino sweater, cotton cardigan, some boxer briefs, 5 pairs socks - little over $70 shipped

Various other Christmas gifts. The total out of pocket was not too high as I could use some wardrobe refreshers and nearly finished all of my Christmas shopping.
                              "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Decided to treat myself and spent way more than I planned:

2 x J. Crew Factory Thompson suits (navy & charcoal)

AE Walnut Strands from Amazon

Great deals all around though.

Comment

Working...
                                X