No announcement yet.

How did everyone do on BF+CM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thepenguin99, how does the dragon inside suits compare to the Jcrew factory Thompson suit? It seems the cost will be similar once the Thompson went through a trip to the tailor - it seems like $240 for a dragon inside suit may be a superior deal? What do you guys think?

Comment

I banned myself from purchasing on either day...It was easy to avoid stores Friday but it wasn't easy yesterday to hold back...
      My cocktail videos >

Comment

clothes wise:
        2 pairs of chinos from JCP. $42.
        3 sweaters from old navy $30.
        2pks cool wool socks in red and blue $6

That was about it for clothes, i spend bf and cb getting electronics and things i need for the house.

Home depot:
        7.5 ft Marth Stewart christmas tree, per orders given by wife..." you better not come into this house w/o that tree Max, i swear" lol. usually costs 179 paid $59
        9ft ladder 15 bucks

Amazon:
        50 inch TV $300, this one took major plannining and discipline, was one of those lightning deals things, it was gone in 10 seconds. Needless to say maxman gets the job done when orders are given.

Walmart: i actually stayed and in line for this and it wasnt as bad as everyone and thier mom says...i live in the burbs and didnt have any pyscho soccer moms trying to beast on me. biggest haul here.

Ipad for the wife: $399
        HP all in one desktop for myself, wife refuses to share her desktop $400
        home entertainment system to go with the TV $148
        fire pit, another request by my boss. $22 bucks, great deal usually costs 79 in store.

Newegg: leaf blower Poulan $120, i have about a 3/4 of an acre of land and its covered in leaves...the blower will make my life a little easier
        In all i got everything on my list and got free donuts and coffee at home depot and a very pleasant experience at Walmart...
        "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

Didn't buy anything clothing-related. I couldn't find anything I really wanted/needed. No decent AE's in my size, no watch I really liked on Amazon. Couldn't find sweaters in XS anywhere either, except maybe from Express, but shipping to Canada is quite expensive.

Anyway, I got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S III for $0 plus a free car charger, with a new contract with Bell), some phone accessories and Rocksmith for PS3.

A lot of you got nice things, good job everyone!

Comment

There were lots of things I almost pulled the trigger on, however, a pair of low-end brown lace-ups were my only purchase. Daily beaters for work if the weather isn't great. Florsheim had a mostly underwhelming 50% off selected styles + FS over $100 (before tax) so I picked up the Schiller for $57.50.

Comment

To Boot New York snuff/cognac suede balmoral wingtips - $160 at Saks Off Fifth

J Crew factory
              Taupe lambs wool shawl cardigan - $49
              Navy blue/red plaid washed shirt - $21
              Navy wool tie - $10
              White pocket square - $10
              Magic wallet - $10
              Navy peacoat - $85

thick light grey cotton cable knit button mock neck sweater from Banana Republic Factory for $33

Comment

I bought pretty much nothing. I was going to get the Thompson suit in navy but hesitated and then forgot :P I didn't really need it anyway, but it's a solid price for a suit I know is going to fit well off the rack for me.

Comment

I spent more of my bank account than I should have but:

bonobos:
                  straight leg jet blues
                  check republic shirt
                  Trafalgar squares green and purple shirt

$191

Jcrew factory:

grey tweed blazer $100

jcrew
                  navy and turquoise shirt
                  $50

I'll post pics when it all comes the bonobos is coming this afternoon and the blazer tomorrow so see what peoples thoughts are on them
                  Last edited by s_crane; November 27, 2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

2 pairs of Chinos from Bonobos for about $120 total

A pair or wool gloves from Ralph Lauren for $35

A donegal sweater from LandsEnd for $21

A pair of cords from JCrew Factory for $21

A pair of AE Malverns from their outlet store for $99

Comment

FocusPants - I got that same F&O sweater as part of my crate earlier this month. My wife loves it since the M fits me perfectly.

Comment

Indochino Prince of Wales and gray tweed suit. Also picked up the brown tweed blazer. All for around $700!

This is my second order from Indochino - first was the essential navy suit. I've been very pleased so far and didn't have the "remake" issues that others have posted about. Quality is good enough for my everyday office wear and I get tons of, "where do you get your suits?"

By the looks of their current inventory it looks like others took advantage. Blazers are pretty much wiped out and a number of suits no longer offered.

Anyone else jump on Indochino sale?

Comment

Originally posted by s_crane View Post
                          I'll post pics when it all comes the bonobos is coming this afternoon and the blazer tomorrow so see what peoples thoughts are on them
                          I tried that blazer on in store and liked it, pretty nice fit off the rack too. Ended up not getting it just because I couldn't justify it right now

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                            Amazon:
                            50 inch TV $300, this one took major plannining and discipline, was one of those lightning deals things, it was gone in 10 seconds. Needless to say maxman gets the job done when orders are given.

Walmart: i actually stayed and in line for this and it wasnt as bad as everyone and thier mom says...i live in the burbs and didnt have any pyscho soccer moms trying to beast on me. biggest haul here.

Ipad for the wife: $399
                            HP all in one desktop for myself, wife refuses to share her desktop $400
                            home entertainment system to go with the TV $148
                            fire pit, another request by my boss. $22 bucks, great deal usually costs 79 in store.

Newegg: leaf blower Poulan $120, i have about a 3/4 of an acre of land and its covered in leaves...the blower will make my life a little easier
                            In all i got everything on my list and got free donuts and coffee at home depot and a very pleasant experience at Walmart...
                            Nice! Especially that TV. Good job there.

Comment

For that matter it sounds like people did pretty well after all. I didn't see much stuff when flipping through various ads, but everyone here has really pulled it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Lin View Post
                                thepenguin99, how does the dragon inside suits compare to the Jcrew factory Thompson suit? It seems the cost will be similar once the Thompson went through a trip to the tailor - it seems like $240 for a dragon inside suit may be a superior deal? What do you guys think?
                                Jack: Mens style pro had a review and mwlocott on here bought from them(which is how I discovered them) and said he was happy.

I should have a tux in a week or 2 here. When I post it just going to point out made my shoulder measurements bigger by a .25" in comparison to my black lapel suit to see if that maybe helps the shoulder dents i suffered having the sleeves let out. If I flexed my arm before it was TIGHT, but unfortunately it seems to have had the side effect of making shoulders look off a bit. In an earlier thread I forget who posted pictures of a smaller suit that had the same problem and then went away in a size up, which I have a feeling is my problem as my measurements were 18.25" but my deltoids extend past my arms quite a lot in comparison to my shoulder bone.

Comment

Working...
                                X