Target has some new stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target has some new stuff

they must have very recently put some new stuff on the shelf for winter. i saw some cotton/cashmere (10% cashmere, compared to 5% of the jcp ones, but the difference is probably negligible) blend vneck sweaters, on sale for $20, double colors on the v opening, tried them on, fit similar to their cotton ones, a little loose on the sides, some may find this poor fit.

some holiday patterned sweaters, wool/cotton/synthetic blends, for 20 something a piece.

there is also a tweed blazer with 45% wool, charcoal (which i actually prefer to the lighter grey jcp blazer), not too thick, looks fine, and on sale for only $30. this could be a budget option for those who live in relatively warm areas. i tried one on. the fit is not like jcrew ludlow, but i would say better than many OTR mall brands, a little extra room under armpits, but many people may get away without tailoring. a big problem however, there were deep ripples on both shoulders that can't be flattened on me, but should you be interested, go try it in a store and see if it may fit your shoulders better.

all these things are merona brands i believe.

Hmm, those sweaters are in my local stores. Haven't seen a new blazer though. Curious, is yours a relative big/high volume Target? Couldn't find the blazer online either.

Also, I did notice that the plain cotton Merona henleys have made it into stores recently.

Comment

i looked on their website, indeed it's not there, the sweaters are already showing. there are 3 targets in my area, i have not been to any for 3 weeks, and this is the first time i see those things. i am not sure if this is a big target, but it's not bigger in size than the other 2. i would think all merona stuff would be in all targets eventually, maybe it's really new and takes a little time for distribution. can't guarantee people will like it, but if anyone does this is a real steal. people seem to accept their kensington blazer well.

i may have seen those henleys in store before, but not sure. i really like their thermal shirts, comfortable against your skin, and so versatile, you can wear anything on top of it, like a thick coat, with or without a sweater in between. when you go inside where it's warm, you take off the coat and still look fine. a dress shirt can do that too, but you can't sleep in a dress shirt.
      Last edited by llie19; November 26, 2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I bought this one and I am really happy with it, though I am reticent to send it through the dryer. I got an L and feel like the fit is perfect, though I probably like things a bit looser than the average person here. I think I am a 41 or 42L.

Comment

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...lot=medium_1_9
          Is this the blazer you saw?

Comment

Damn that's tempting. If the blazer is half as nice as it looks and the fit is reasonable, $30 is kind of an insane deal.

Comment

Originally posted by FraserCA View Post
              I bought this one and I am really happy with it, though I am reticent to send it through the dryer. I got an L and feel like the fit is perfect, though I probably like things a bit looser than the average person here. I think I am a 41 or 42L.

Like the sweater - going to check it out. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                Damn that's tempting. If the blazer is half as nice as it looks and the fit is reasonable, $30 is kind of an insane deal.
                I agree. However the Kinsington was a no go for me. Also the length is concerning. Could be the size on that guy, but having 0 rear coverage is a deal breaker, I'm afraid.

Comment

I saw that cardigan, as well as the wool knit and cable offerings. Some really nice, affordable fashion from the kids at Target.

Comment

Has anyone tried on the blazer or the cardy? They are both enticing!
                    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                    I>0<I

Comment

I've got the blazer on the way. I'll fill you in on my impression when it arrives.

Comment

yes it is. i also saw it in another target i stopped by this weekend.

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Comment

I bought the blazer tonight and am going to try it on with different things before I decide if I want to keep it or not.

I am 6'1", 175lbs and an athletic build
                          15.5" neck and 34" sleeve in shirts

I noticed the sleeves on this blazer sized medium are LONG! Like 2" past the break in my wrist and further than my shirts go. If it is a keeper the sleeves will have to be shortened. With just a t-shirt the blazer feels somewhat loose but when I have another shirt on top the blazer felt fine. The arm holes are a little low and that might bother some but I tend to sweat more in the pits so this does not bother me. The blazer does not cover my full butt but it is not nearly as high as the guy in the Target picture has his. The material is light weight and unstructured so it won't keep you warm this winter but is an option for the guys in the south whom want this look but in a lighter weight jacket. The lapel is not overly thin but does appear to be thinner that my suit jacket which is of average width.

One note of caution is the amount the coat seems to be shedding. I do not know where the fuzz balls are coming from but you can pick them off the jacket. By no means is it a deal breaker but I do not want bald spots after 1 season.

Comment

I also sent the blazer in to Joe, and he said he's also going to be trying it. Also interesting to see it's in a few stores. You must be in one of their test areas.

Comment

Saw the blazer in a store today, although I live in Minnesota where Target is based so we might get stuff earlier. Unfortunately, all they had on the rack were L and XL, so I couldn't really try it on or test the fit (I'm probably a small). The fabric seemed nice enough for $30, but I'm not use to looking at such large sizes for myself so I'm hesitant to make any additional reports on it. I'll definitely take a swing at it online.

Comment

Working...
                              X