Buying the Thompson Jacket if the pants don't come in my size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying the Thompson Jacket if the pants don't come in my size

So I'm looking at jumping on the jcrew factory deal for the navy THompson suit. While the Jacket is in my size, the pants aren't (I'm a 28x30). Would you consider it wise to purchase the jacket and not the pants, perhaps looking around for some similarly colored/textured pants elsewhere?

I am weary that you will find any pants that are a close enough match to make a suit of it. Can you buy the smallest pants and tailor them?

Comment

You won't find matching pants for the texture of these suits. I tried to do that with a black suit jacket that I had, and failed miserably. I would just buy the 30x30s and tailor them.

Comment

Agree with spitplug and bremersm here. Furthermore, the jacket is not the type that lends itself to wearing separately/as an odd jacket (I have it). It's very obviously a suit jacket.

Comment

Can anyone speak to the amount of fabric remaining in the pant legs? I am closer to a 33 and usually buy a 34 and brought up slightly but only 32 length is available. Could I get away with letting out the 32s an inch or so?

Comment

I bought the heather grey 100% wool one, and I don't think that it looks too bad worn with jeans. Just ordered the navy one to do the same, as I'm sure that the pants will fit really poorly, even with tailoring (I'm skinny)

What would the other owners of the thompson factory suit say about wearing the jacket by itself?

Comment

how much is the thompson jacket right now?

Comment

I picked up the jacket for $95 (pretax) after the 50% cyber monday promotion and applying the 20% off $125+ code I received with my last order.

Comment

what do you guys think about wearing the jacket on its own?

Comment

I wear the navy one on its own all the time. Has enough texture that it doesn't look like a suit jacket to the casual observer.

Comment

Working...
                    X